21. The end?

A/N: Found this painting and thought the coat colors was a perfect match for the trio ^^

🐴🐴🐴

George was running.

He ran as fast as his four legs could carry him, away from the rodeo, away from the parking lot.

Dream had dismounted him, and was instead on his way to get Sapnap, Henry, James and Dawn. George was on his own now. Somewhere far away, Suit man and his assistant still chased him.

Or they chased Dawn. In any normal case, he would have preferred if they did. But right now... he hoped he was the target.

Hiding behind a few bushes, George had a good view over the huge parking grounds. Suit man was still not here yet, so he still had time.

He spotted Texas and the mare James had ridden inside the four stalls over where their cars were parked. Maybe he should make a run for it? If he got to them, maybe he could hide there.

Just as he had decided to wait, he saw Henry appearing in full gallop on Dawn. He watched him dismount at the stalls and quickly lead both her and James' horse onto one of the trucks.

This was his chance. While Henry closed the first truck, George left his hiding spot and ran across the parking slot.
When the other saw him, he smiled brightly.

"George!" Henry called out to him. "Quick, get in the transport."

George hesitated. Was he going to leave without Dream, Sapnap and James? He watched Henry get Texas and then motion for him to go inside.

That's when he saw James running towards them. Dream and Sapnap followed close behind, and George knew Suit man couldn't be far away.

He immediately jumped into the transport and allowed Henry to close it. From the single window there, he watched the four men get in the cars and drive away just before Suit man and his assistant arrived.

They had been just in time, like usual. But the chase wasn't over yet.

🐴🐴🐴

"What happened?"

George turned to look at Texas. "You've missed a lot," he said with a sigh.

"Tell me."

"Basically, Suit man-"

"Suit man?"

"Don't interrupt. It's the guy who they hired. Apparently he found out me and Dawn escaped from the shelter, and they have the right to take us."

"Take you? But... what about me? I escaped from the shelter too."

"Well, they didn't actually see you. Maybe they would take you too, if they had."

Texas nodded. "What are you going to do?"

"Well..." George thought about for a second. "I guess there isn't much we can do. But I'm sure Henry wouldn't allow them to just take us."

"You're going to trust the humans?"

George sighed. "I don't have a choice."

🐴🐴🐴

Soon the cars pulled up on the parking ground outside Oakley Ranch. There was a long moment of chaos as the four horses were led out of the trucks and into the pastures in a rush.