Chapter 5

Jason's POV

        Jason didn't know what was worse, having a crush on an annoying boxer or finding out said boxer was dating your ex. Jason assumed the later, but still found it hard to believe. In the shower, Nico had been pretty turned on at least as far as Jason could tell. Still the rumors were enough to make him uneasy, and he found himself in his room, after the gym closed. He was doing something that no one knew about, something that would be ruin him if discovered... Jason Grace was knitting in his room, currently working on a new sweater for his dog, Tempest. He could knew that if Reyna every found out he liked to knit in his spare time, she would never let him live it down. Jason thought it was strange that Reyna had seemed pretty upset by the news too, but didn't pay much attention to it. Even though they were best friends, they still keep things from each other. Jason figured it was the way things were, Reyna always kept things bottled up. She had been separated from her older sister at a young age, and placed into a foster home. She was used to fending for herself, and thought that feelings were a sign of weakness, it was a side effect from her father's PTSD. As Jason worked furiously, but his mind kept drifting back to his ex-girlfriend. He ended up messing up multiple times, his mind just would not focus. Jason knew that he needed to get over this, he had a gym to run now. He figured that it was time to visit his father, he really needed some advice right now. He arrived at the hospital, and rode the elevator up to the sixth floor, were his father was being kept. He walked in to see his father watching MMA, and again was struck by how different they looked. His father had orange hair, freckles, and gray eyes, Jason had blond hair and blue eyes.

        "Boo" Jason said, and Finn, his father almost feel out of bed.

        "Jesus kid, you're going to give me another heart attack." Finn said, settling back into his cocoon of blankets

        "Don't joke about that, Dad"

        "Don't be such hard ass, Jason" Finn said, a smirk on his lips. Jason just rolled his eyes in response, he heard those words all the time.

        "Dad, I need some advice."

        "Don't tell me it's that chick again. What's her name, pepper?"

        "It's Piper, Dad. We dated for a year, you should at least remember her name."

        "I try not to think about those type of girls. The ones that just use you for personal gain and probably have a thing on the side, like your mother."

        "You never mentioned anything like that about Mom." Jason said, he barely remembered his mother, she had died when he was a toddler.

        "Kid, I thought you were smarter than that. Do we look alike at all?" Jason felt like an idiot, it had been so obvioud.

        "Wow, I feel stupid now. Why did you take care of me if I'm not your kid?" Jason knew it was a rude question, but wanted to know the answer.

        "Oh course you're my kid, I knew it the second she brought your toddler self to my doorstep." Jason felt a huge weight being lifted from his chest, he was worried he wouldn't like the answer.

        "Thanks, your my real father"

        "You have no idea how happy that makes me." Jason really didn't have an idea, his father had a straight face as usual. Suddenly, the nurse walked in.

        "You have a visitor, do you want me to send him in." She said, and Jason knew that it was probably a certain boxer. He said goodbye to his father, before heading for the stairs. Jason figured that Nico would take the elevator, wanting to see coach as soon as possible.

Nico's POV

        Nico couldn't believe his luck. He got turned on in the showers, and then somehow he ended up dating Piper, at least according to the rumors. Nico denied it whenever someone asked, but he figured it would take a couple of days for things to die down. It seemed like Nico's bad luck hadn't gone away, there was a huge line at the elevator. Nico figured he could see his coach faster if he took the stairs, he needed some advice. He had a match this weekend, and wanted to know what Finn thought. He starts hears the sound of footsteps, and sees the flash of a purple shirt. Nico wondered why he couldn't catch a break, maybe he really cursed. His half-sister's mom always said that he was, but Hazel always said her mom was a quack psychic.  Nico turned around to leave, but by the time he got his barrings Jason was already in front of him. He was breathing heavily, and Nico wondered why he was in such a hurry.

        "Move out of my way." Jason said, giving Nico a death glare. Nico suddenly realized that Jason probably thought he was dating Piper, and realized now was his chance. He could fight Jason, release all his frustration in a series of punches.

        "No" Nico smirked up at Jason, realizing the five inch height difference. Jason sighed, and Nico realized how tired he look. He realized that running the gym was a lot of work for one person, and all the rumors certainly weren't helping. Nico couldn't believe he felt sorry for the boy, he had spent most of his childhood jealous of him. He was Finn's son, even if it wasn't biological.

        "You know I'm not dating Piper, right? She's not really my.... type." Nico said, and he saw a smile surface on Jason's lips. He wondered why his heart was racing, despite the fact that he wasn't going to get in a fight anytime soon.

        "Thank God" Jason replied, deep laughter resonating in the stairwell. Nico found himself laughing as well, it was felt good to finally be on good terms with Jason Grace. Nico remembered what Piper had told him earlier, "Jason might seem tough, but he's really a sweet sensitive guy at heart. If I was straight, we would have never broken up."