Chapter 18: You're an angel

Elsie POV

After settling with breakfast, we went to the living room for movie time. Instead of choosing some heavy move, we let Andrea made the choice. It will be better to watch movies that suitable for her age. The maid prepared snacks and drinks, making the movie time more fun.

"Lucas, don't you think that you owe me something?"

"What is that? Money? How much?" He said joking around.

"Don't be ridiculous. You know what is it. Explain to me why are you here."

"Your husband."

"My husband? Who? Dexter?"

"Girl, how many husbands do you think you have? Oh gosh, it seems like the accident really caused serious damage to your brain." He feigned a sad face and shook his head. I smacked his hand annoyingly.

"The last thing I remembered he doesn't really like you. I mean both of you not really getting along. Did I remember it wrongly?"

"Gosh, we're in a different stage now. You should renew your memory." I can't help but my leg kicks him automatically.

"Acting violent, are we? You're obviously someone related to the mafia." He mouthed the last word, noticing Andrea's presence in the room with us. I appreciated how he adjusted to his surroundings.

"I learned it well and I know exactly how to apply it at the right time." I snickered. "Explain to me, Lucas. I'm so confused right now and you're not helping at all."

He sighed before he continues, "Your husband, Mr. Dexter Anderson, invited me to come here to visit you. He told me about your condition and offered me to spend some time with you here in the mansion."

"Here in the mansion? You will stay here?" My eyes double its size, couldn't believe his words. The memory of Dexter getting angry or probably jealous still fresh in my mind.

"Yes, just like what I mentioned earlier. Your beloved husband invited me as the guest of the house. I'm the VIP in the house"

"Don't exaggerate. He can kick you out anytime."

"Damn, badass girl. Look like the pregnancy hormone mess up your attitude too."

"I still can't believe he called you."

"He is not that bad. You really can't remember anything nice about him? The day both of your start the relationship, the wedding, the intimacy day for example?"

I threw the pillow to him and spun around to peek at Andrea. Luckily, she was into the movie on the TV. I glared at him with a murderous look.

"Sadly, I can't remember anything, Lucas. If not, I guess I won't be in this situation right now. And I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing but after yesterday, I think he started to avoid me." I sighed, his words kept repeating in my head and it caused me to feel bad. Not sure if it was due to my conscience or the hormone as Lucas said. I should be happy that he was out from my sight but strangely I felt otherwise.

"What happened yesterday?" He eyed me with his suspicious look.

I sighed for the uncountable time for today before letting him know the incident that happened yesterday. I got to admit that it was weird without his presence in the room. It felt like it doesn't complete without him as if something was missing.

"Just grab the phone and call him if you miss him." He came out with one easy solution which sounds impossible to me.

"Who says I missed him? I didn't say that. It's just that I think he misunderstood about something and that was the only reason I keep thinking about him."

"Just one call and everything will be settled. Easy, right?"

"He might be busy now. I don't want to disturb him. I will talk to him when he is back." I brushed away all the bad feelings.

The ringtone of my phone suddenly echoed in the room. I searched around, trying to locate it. My face scrunched when I saw the name on the screen.

"Hi, Alex." I quickly pressed the phone to my ear. Deep down, I prayed nothing bad happened to Dexter.

"Hi, Elsie. I need to inform you about Andrea's school. She can go back to school anytime. I already talked to her school and there won't be any problem for her to return to school. Boss said it's up to you to decide."

"Ok, noted. Thank you, Alex. Before you drop the call, can I ask you about something?"

"Go on."

"Where is he? Why didn't he call me instead? Is he busy right now?"

"Yeah, he is kinda busy with a few issues that need to be fixed. He trusted me with this thing. Is there any problem? Or do you need me to pass him any message?"

"Oh, nothing, Alex, just asking since he leaves the house early this morning." The truth was I don't even know what time he leaves the house. Last night we slept in a separate room.

"Are you still there, Elsie?"

"Ye-yeah, I'm listening. Nothing, Alex. Bye."

After that, I ended the call. I looked at Andrea, and she was fully focused on her Disney movie.

"Princess, I have a surprise for you." I moved closer to her. She diverted her attention to me, the 'surprise' word caught her attention.

"Surprise? What surprise, mommy? I like surprises." Her expression was enough to show how much she anticipated it. I glanced at Lucas before spilling the news.

"Daddy said you can go to school."

"Really?" She asked in disbelief. I nodded my head, erasing her doubt about it.

"Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes." She squealed and jumped on the couch celebrating the good news. Soon, she pulled me into a hug.

"Thank you, mommy. You always have the power to make daddy say 'yes' to anything. You're really an angel to both of us. You make us really happy." I was stunned by her statement. That was too much to take in; angel and happiness.

"I'm no one, princess. I didn't do anything. It's daddy's decision." I told her honestly, recalled our argument in his office yesterday about the issue. I'm not sure what made him changed his mind, but I was happy that he really fulfilled his promise when he says he will consider it again and reminded me not to get worried about it. After all, he wasn't that bad.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤