Chapter 12: Andrea, the saviour

Elsie POV

"What? I don't have my own room?" I stood behind the closed door. We were in his room which he claimed was our room but that wasn't in my memory.

"What are you talking about? We're married, love, why should we stay in two separate rooms?" He laid on the bed with his hands on the back of his head. 

"But my mind doesn't remember that part and I just want to do something based on my instinct for now."

"And what did your instinct tells you?" He snickered. 

"Not to stay with you in one room and stay far away from you will be safe for me."

"Why so?"

"Because I don't like you..no, I hate you and you hate me too." I thought about how he warned me not to talk to him after he found me in the basement.

"When did I ever hate you?" My words seem to catch his interest. He moved his gaze from the blank ceiling to my face, waiting for my answer.

"You told me before, and you asked me to stay away from you. I was trying to do that now and why are you kept bugging me? I want my own room."

He sat on the bed and a sigh escaped his lips. He looked at me before walking closer to me. "I never hate you, love. Who will hate a girl like you?"

He stood in front of me, putting a close distance in between us. "Do you know why I call you with the name love?" No word willing to come out from my lips but his eyes held some weird power that made me slightly shook my head in response. 

"Because every single person in the mansion seems to get along with you. You treated them nicely, and you never see them as a person that works for us, instead, they are family for you. Remember how Andrea became clingy to you the first time you met her in the ice-cream café? She found comfort around you in a short time and turned to a chatty box. You bring light to everyone, including me the one that used to be broken. You are love and the name suit you perfectly. You bring light to everyone"

I didn't realize when he snaked his hand on my waist while his other hand on the door, caging me. Not only that, but I also can't believe how my hands were rested comfortably on his chest. My eyes traveled further from his deep eyes to his lips. I noticed how he inched his face closer to me and instinctively I closed my eyes, responding to him. I could feel how his lips pressed onto mine. 

I suddenly remembered how annoyed I was towards him and that thought was enough for me to break the kiss by pushing him away. 

"Are you sure now your instinct tells you not to stay with me in one room and stay far away from me?" A smug smile on his face didn't go unnoticed. 

"That was a mistake," I told him, touching my now swollen lips with the back of my palm as if I could wipe off the fact that my body was responding to his freaking kiss earlier. I silently scold myself for that mistake. He will use that to make fun of me for his whole life and I hate that. 

"It wasn't a mistake. That is how your body remembered me even though your memory works the other way round. Your mind tries to deceive yourself but your heart can't do so."

"You sound like bullshit." I spat but indeed of getting angry, he laughed with my statement. Now, I started to think if something is wrong with his brain. It looked like it doesn't respond well to the situation. 

"I missed this feisty side of you." He prowled closer.

"And I hate every side of you."

"You will see how I change your mind about that. It happened once in the past and it will happen again for the second time. Mark my word, love."

"So full of yourself, Mr. Dexter Anderson." I mocked. "I'm not going to sleep in this room alone." I challenged him. I suddenly got an idea in my head and I smiled at that thought. 

Dexter POV

"So, this is your plan about not going to sleep with me alone in the room?" I eyeing her, pondering about her words earlier. She was busy with her night routine, putting some night cream on her face in front of the dressing desk. I leaned towards the wall with my crossed arms on my chest, studying her every movement. 

"Is this something out of your plan?" She looked at me through the reflection in the mirror. 

"Judging from how crazy I missed you, I definitely won't deny that this is something out of my plan, but it's okay, I will go with it for now." 

"What do you mean by that?" She questioned innocently. 

"Well, you know," I purposely paused my sentence and strode closer to her, approaching her from behind before continue, "You have been in the hospital for a few weeks and I thought tonight I can prove to you how much I missed you." My hands wrapped around her waist while my face buried on the crook of her neck, inhaling her scent. 

"I missed this smell, a lot," I confessed. I turned to look at her through the mirror. She looks stunned, but I loved how her body allowing me to hold her closer. Her lips can't stop telling me that she hates me, but her body expressed that she loves me. 

Just like that, we stared into each other eyes for a moment, communicating through the reflection in the mirror. It could go on the whole night I guess until the knock on the door interrupted us. She quickly shrugged away from me and escaping to open the door. 

Andrea popped in front of the door, holding a teddy bear in her small hands. 

"See who is finally here," Elsie said out of relief.

"Yeah, finally." I mimic her in a mocking tone. 

"Daddy, can I sleep here? Mommy said she missed me, and it's a good idea that we can sleep together tonight." She ran to the bed and start jumping on it.

"Of course, sweetheart. You can always sleep here." I told her while pulling off my shirt and lying on the bed comfortably.

"This is great, right, princess? I think you can move in here and sleep with us every night."

I quickly turned my eyes to glance at her, quietly sending her the hint that she has done a big mistake but the smile on her face showed the satisfaction that she got in torturing me. 

"Ok, I will think about it, mommy."

I shook my head in disbelief at their conversation. 

"It's okay, I will have a slow talk with Andrea tomorrow," I mumbled, calming myself. She challenged me clearly, and I won't let her cross the limit.

Soon, we fell into a deep slumber after exchanging our good night's kisses. It was our routine, and I was glad that we practiced that before, so now I could have used it as an excuse to peck her lips before sleep every night, even though I just smashed her lips a moment ago, behind the closed door. 

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤