Chapter 11: Little Anderson

Dexter POV

Elsie's impressive progress finally convinced the doctor to allow her to retreat from the hospital. I was anticipated to bring her home, having the thought that probably it will help to regain her memory in a short time.

The car finally pulled up at our mansion. I opened the door before the driver manages to do so.

"I guess you remember this house?" I asked to see her reaction.

"Yeah, my workplace." A sigh escaped my mouth. Yeah, blame it on me since I was the one who created that memory for her.

"Let's see if you will change your opinion about that later."

"Can we go in? I'm drained, out of energy to fight with you." She looked at me lazily before turning her eyes away.

"Oh, how cute is that?"

"What?"

"You with your mood. The baby's effect I guess." I touched her belly as if I am interacting with the baby inside her womb but obviously, she doesn't like it.

"Dexter Anderson, don't touch me like I'm your wife!"

I let out a big belly laugh with her statement. "If only you hear what you said earlier," I exclaimed in fits of laughter.

Before she could answer me, we were snapped by a small voice that coming from the house.

"Oh, is this real? Mommy, you're back?" The little girl asked incredulously. She stood at the door frame, gazing at both of us. Her unshed tears were noticeable, she froze on the spot with her palms covering her mouth.

"Princess, I'm back," Elsie approached closer. She then lowered herself to meet her eyes.

"Hey, don't cry, princess. I'm here now, I'm sorry I was late." She opened her arms, welcoming her for a hug and Andrea immediately enveloped her. The tears that she held earlier flow on her cheeks, wetting them without any hesitation.

"I missed you so much. I'm so scared that you don't want me anymore if you wake up."

She patted her back, soothing her. "Why wouldn't I want you? You're my favorite, remember?" She pulled away, looking into her eyes. I stood at the back observing their interaction. It just made me fell in love with her more.

The image of Andrea and little baby started to cloud my imagination. Having the thought about them running around in the house made a smile crept on my face without me noticing it.

"Why is he standing there smiling alone?" My gaze traveled back to the sight in front of me, snapping me out from my deep thought. "Daddy, why are smiling alone like a crazy man? Are you sick?"

I can't restrain myself from rolling my eyes at her voice. "So now, you got your mommy back, and you're dishing me away?" I walked closer to them.

"You can't kneel on the ground like that, remember that next time, love." I reminded her in a low voice.

She stood up and rubbed her belly instinctively, aware of the meaning of my sentence. I lifted Andrea in my arms.

"Why so?" She scrunched her face looking at both of us back and forth as she heard my words earlier.

"Maybe you should be the one to tell her," I turned my eyes to Elsie, giving her the honor to break the news.

"Hmm, how should I say it?" A smile lit up my face as I noticed she scratched the back of her neck, looking for suitable words to tell the news.

"Mommy is pregnant. Little Anderson is in here." I loved the way she formed the words, 'little Anderson'. I smiled at that while looking at how she placed her palm on her belly, rubbing it in a comfortable way.