Chapter 21: Morning sickness

Elsie POV

The clock on the nightstand showing that I woke up late. I pushed myself from the bed but soon stumble back as the dizziness suddenly hit me. I massaged the temple of my head, hoping that it will disappear soon. Decided not to force my body, I leaned my back towards the headboard while closing my eyes for a while.

Instead of feeling better, I suddenly get the feeling that I will throw up at any time. Ignoring the dizziness, I quickly run to the bathroom and throw it out, emptying my stomach. I sat near the toilet clutching at my stomach, collecting my energy before proceeding with my morning routine.

I speedily went to Andrea's room. It already passed her breakfast time. I cursed myself for being an irresponsible mother.

"Princess," I called out but paused at the moment I realized she wasn't in her room. Scrunching my face, I stood for a while in her room.

"Right, breakfast," I mumbled, slapping my forehead for acting so slow. Without wasting any time, I strode to the kitchen to check if she is there.

"Good morning, princess, you're here. Good morning to you too, Lucas." I was relieved when I found her enjoying her breakfast accompanied by Lucas. They seem to get along pretty well even though without me.

"Morning, girl. Sorry, we didn't wait for you. Can't resist the nice breakfast." I gave him an eye roll, aware of his behavior when it comes to food.

"Good morning, mommy. It's okay you're late, daddy said you need more sleep since little Anderson is there." She caressed my belly, grinning at her cute face.

"Daddy? Daddy is here?" I didn't realize that I accidentally raised my voice, due to the shock effect, I think.

"Yeah, he dressed me up today."

"Where is he now? Upstairs?" I pointed to his office.

Her mouth turned to a pout, "No, mommy. Daddy is busy today, and he already left for work."

I wanted to pout like her, hating the fact that it suddenly affected me. I won't lie that it made me upset that he didn't show his effort to check on me. He doesn't care about me.

"Elsie, maybe you would like to take a seat and have breakfast with us?"

I didn't notice that I was standing there for a long time. I moved to the empty seat beside Andrea.

"Mommy, I already finish my food. Can I go to play?"

"Alright, princess. I will be there soon."

"Ok, mommy. Please eat more, okay? Little Anderson needs many foods." She was flipping her hands in the air, describing the word 'many'. How adorable is that!

"I promise," I assured her, kissing her cheek before she sprints to the living room.

"Are you okay? You seem a bit emotional."

I sighed, "Don't ask me about it. I can't understand myself too. This thing is so confusing. You see, when he is here, I can't stand him but when he isn't here, I feel like something is missing."

"Yeah, I notice just now you're a bit distracted when Andrea mentions him. Do you miss him?"

I gulped, silently asking myself the same question.

"Can we close this topic? The more we mentioned him, the more he occupied my mind. I wondered what had he done to me. Uh, I hate him so much." I huffed, dislike the fact he keeps haunted me even though he wasn't here.

"Of course, I can do that, but it seems like you are the one who keeps mentioning him. Your love for him is so clear, totally no doubt about that, girl." He winked, rejoicing the moment.

I ignored his remarks, diverting my attention to the food in front of me. After a few bites, my stomach started to reject the food. I quickly covered my mouth with my palm before carefully running to the bathroom. I threw out everything by the time I reached the bathroom.

Damn, I hate this feeling. So, this is what they named morning sickness. I rubbed my belly, trying to feel the small figure inside of me.

I gargled my mouth with the clean water and leaned towards the sink, resting for a moment while gathering my energy.

"What are you doing inside there, little Anderson? Are you okay?" I asked, acting as he could hear me.

"Hey, Elsie. Nothing wrong?" I heard Lucas's voice outside. Right, I forgot that I left him there alone at the table just now. I quickly pushed the door and walked out.

"I guess I started to have morning sickness. This is the second time for today."

"Oh, it made your pregnancy feel so real, no? But you still need to eat. What should we do?" He holds my arm, supporting me as we headed back to the dining room.

"I will try to eat but not sure if I will throw up again." He makes sure I sat on the chair before letting go of my hand.

"Do you want me to call your husband?"

"Husband?" I noticed a teasing smile on his face.

"Yeah girl, you're someone's wife."

"Thank you for the gentle reminder, though." I snickered. "I mean why should we call him?"

"Don't know, maybe you want him to know about your condition. He has the right to know too, since he is the sperm owner, right?"

"Damn you, Lucas." I cursed at his choice of word. He let out a belly laugh, ignoring me. "He is busy, I don't want to disturb him. It's not a big deal anyway. Morning sickness, something normal for a preggy woman." I gulped on the orange juice; the sourness made me feel better.

"Do you think I hit my head too hard, and it caused me to have this strange feeling for him?" I suddenly inquired, can't sweep him away from my mind.

"Look, the brain and heart are totally two different things. It is your heart that loved him but your head can't remember him. So, your feeling for him that exists before still there in your heart. The accident that made you hit your head doesn't cause your heart to has any malfunction. It only proved that you still love him, but you try to argue about the fact because your head failed to convince you since you lose the pieces of memory with him. Can you understand what I tried to say?"

A single frown line across my forehead, giving a thought about his preach.

"Digest it, like how you need to digest this sandwich." He gave me a piece of sandwich. I grabbed it, forcing myself to eat for little Anderson.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤