Chapter 37: Family day

Elsie POV

"Can you take one day off today?" I observed him coming out from the bathroom with a towel hanging low on his torso. The water that dripped from his wet hair made it perfect.

I saw him coming closer towards me and in an instant, he pulled me up, and I wrapped my legs on his torso, securing myself. He walked to the fitting room.

"Dexter, pregnancy doesn't make me handicap you know?"

He stared into my eyes and I loved the way his lips curved into a smile.

"I know, but I loved it when you wrapped your body around my body. It warms me."

"I'm not heavy?"

"No, love. It's not a problem for me."

"That's means I'm fat." I pouted, looking at the mirror when he made me sat on the dressing table.

"You're not fat, love. Don't think about that." He brushed his nose on my cheek, his both hands on each side of the dressing table. I grabbed the towel near me and reached to dry his hair.

"Due to the fact that you said I'm not fat then I guess I can have some ice-cream for today?"

"Ice-cream? Can preggy mommy eat ice-cream?"

"Of course yes, not a problem at all. We can handle ice-cream really well." I exclaimed.

"What if our little Anderson feels cool inside?" He placed his hand on my belly. The expression on his face was hilarious, and I can't help but hollered a burst of laughter.

"Why are you laughing? This is a serious question, love."

"You should look at your face earlier. It was so funny." I brushed the hair that covered his forehead to the back before placing a kiss there.

"Hmm, I prefer hot than funny."

"Don't worry, that was included," I whispered near his ear, purposely teasing him and I noticed the smirk that covering his face.

"Alright, seems you made me in good mood today, you deserve a reward."

"Sorry to disappoint you but I don't want something kinky. I want ice-cream. You know the café where we first met?" I placed my hands around his neck.

"Reminiscing old memory, are we?"

"Well, it will be a great idea to introduce that place to our little Anderson."

"Don't let the baby know how I treat you on our first met."

"Don't worry, that is not my job. Our princess will tell the story." I raised my brow, enjoying teasing him. "Now, help me get down. I will tell Andrea about our plan today. She must be really excited."

"Not before I get a kiss." Without protesting, I pecked his lips with a quick kiss. He lifted me from the dressing table and carefully placed me on the floor.

Dexter POV

"Yayyy, we finally arrived. Mommy, come faster. Let's pick the ice-cream."

"Don't run, girls." Before they sprinted to the counter, I reminded them. The ice-creams made them lost their mind.

"Okay." They said in unison before walking hand in hand to the counter, ready to pick their ice-cream. I observed them from one of the tables in the café, keeping my eyes on them.

Not long after that, they came with three big bowls of ice-creams.

"This is too much. Are you sure we can finish all this?"

"I will go for the second round later, daddy. This is not much."

"You can't have too much ice-cream, sweetheart. You will get a stomach ache."

"We have medicines at home, daddy."

I shook my head looking at her scooping the ice-cream. "Like mother like daughter," I mumbled.

"I heard that," Elsie said, keeping her eyes on the ice-cream.

"I heard that too." Andrea mimicking her.

"Princess, do you remember the first time we met here?"

"What are you trying to do, love?" I asked her as I noticed the familiar teasing smile that clouded her face.

"Of course, mommy. Daddy is so bad at that time. He scolded you." My eyes widened when Andrea suddenly slapped my arm.

"What was that for?"

"You scolded mommy that time." Hearing her answer, Elsie burst out laughing. She was seated next to Andrea while I'm sitting in front of them.

"Really? After a few years, I got this slap?" I looked at her in disbelief. I really enjoyed the way she always protects Elsie. She giggled with my words.

"When baby Anderson will come out from mommy's tummy?"

"We still need to wait for a few months, princess."

"I can't wait to meet little Anderson."

"We too, princess."

For the rest of the time, we enjoyed our time with the ice-cream, and we went to the mall to get some stuff for our little Anderson. Most of the items that we chose were unisex since we agreed to keep the gender of the baby a surprise. I spent the whole day with them, finally feeling relieved that Damon was no longer in our life.  

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤