【08: Rose Took My Nose I Suppose】

⫸ Metanoia: The Death Cure ⫷

「 Chapter 8: Rose Took My Nose I Suppose」

The rebellion's hideout was rather large in Lia's opinion. Her eyes wandered around the area, noticing the various men and women move around. Gally led their group towards the leader of the place, who they were told was named Lawrence, while he explained what had happened the last time they saw him.

"After the maze, I got picked up by a group headed to the city. They realized I was immune, patched me up, and they brought me here to Lawrence." The six-footer told them, turning a corner.

"This group's been at war with W.C.K.D ever since they took control of the city." Lia eyed the guards they passed, observing the amount of firepower they were gathering. She was glad they returned her katanas and guns. Going to an unknown place unarmed was dangerous.

The blonde hurried her movements, walking just behind Gally. She was in between Thomas and Newt, both keeping a reasonable distance from her in case something would occur.

"But W.C.K.D can't hide behind those walls forever. Day's gonna come, and they're gonna pay for what they've done."

There was still a slight tension between Thomas and Gally. The brunette was silent the whole walk to wherever they were headed, but his eyes held a cold stare while the former Builder spoke. He wasn't like Newt, he just couldn't set aside everything that happened.

Gally halts, prompting the others to do the same. He faced the group, face serious. "Listen, uh, he doesn't get a lot of visitors. So, let me do the talking. All right?"

"And try not to stare." He grumbled before walking again.

Thomas and the others stood still for a few seconds. Sharing looks of apprehension before they followed after the tallboy once more. They reached a certain part of the area hidden by others. A sort of office to the person Gally was bringing them to where two men were stationed.

Books and other miscellaneous items were stacked upon shelves and tables. The soft warm color provided by the lights scattered around the room contrasted the serious atmosphere. Even the array of plants and flowers didn't work on easing Lia's nerves as they made their way down the stairs.

She never really did like strangers.

"Gally, glad to see you made it back." One of the men stated. His form stood by the greenery, twirling a rose in his hand. The sunlight beamed from the window, its rays bouncing off the man to which hid his features. He was almost like a shadow.

"Jasper told me what happened." The group stopped a foot away from the man. Lia noted the tube connected to him and an IV pole. Some sort of blue liquid in an infusion bag that was oddly familiar to her.

"It was a slaughter." Gally continued to speak, his thumbs hooking into the straps of his vest. "There's nothing we could do against those guns."

"No, but they can only poke the hornet's nest so long before they get stung." The man that the group guessed was Lawrence picked up a red rose, breathing in the scent of the flower.