【09: Train Runners 】

⫸ Metanoia: The Death Cure ⫷

「 Chapter 9: Train Runners 」

A few minutes have passed walking through sewage water and hearing the liquid splash under their shoes when Newt decided to speak up over the silence, "Hey Gally! How'd you end up with a bloody crank as a roommate then?"

"Actually I owe that crank my life." Gally told him, looking over his shoulder for a second before he began to explain, "When Lawrence and his crew found me, they could've sold me back to W.C.K.D...traded my life for a few bottles of serum."

The three listened carefully, trying to imagine what happened to him. Lia could still remember his body, slowly dying onto the group of that W.C.K.D maze facility. The spear pierced onto his chest. Images of that time haunted her in her dreams sometimes.

"Instead he offered me a place...that I had something worth living for."

"What's that?" Thomas questioned Gally as they reached two openings.

The six-footer flashes a light through one of the smaller holes, looking inside it. Gally said to the group, holding his hand out, "Wait here, I'll be right back."

Thomas and Newt shared a look. The situation made the brunette even more skeptical about Gally as he made his way closer to where the tallboy disappeared to. His boots squelching from the watery ground below him. "Where the hell is he going?"

"You think we should trust him?" Thomas faced Newt, eyed scrunched as he pondered deeply. "After everything he's done?"

Lia looked between the boys, an uneasy feeling once again making her body shiver

Lia looked between the boys, an uneasy feeling once again making her body shiver. Newt turned his head over to her. No words were said but with a small nod from the girl, there was a silent agreement that he should convince Thomas this time. Newt was better with his words.

"What other options do we have?" Newt told him with a shrug. He knew Thomas was having trouble with dealing with the former Builder. It didn't take a genius to figure out how much his presence bothered him. Hell, even the fact that Lia was compliant to Gally being there must've made the dark-haired boy furious.