【07: An Unexpected Circumstance】

⫸ Metanoia: The Death Cure ⫷

「 Chapter 7: An Unexpected Circumstance 」

The group reached the pathway they had gone through. Swiftly going through the alleyway, another explosion goes off behind her. The ground shook at the collision, resulting in both Lia and Thomas grabbing onto the wall to keep from falling.

"Come on." Thomas coughed through the smoke, grabbing Lia's hand to lead her to safety. He motioned her to run in front of him as they made it through the path. Before Lia could breathe a sigh of relief, she feels a harsh tug on her sides. Her body rammed against someone's broad chest, their hands were quick to grab her waist.

"What the fuck!"  Lia struggled against their hold, unable to grab any of the weapons strapped to her body. She realized it was one of those masked men from earlier who had her unable to move. There was a feeling of her katanas being unstrapped to her back, angering the girl. The blonde thrashes her legs but to no avail as her eyes locked with Thomas in a panic.

"Lia!" The brunette made a move to aid the girl but was stopped by another masked man, larger than him. The man had a tight grip on Thomas's jacket, using the fabric to move the boy. Struggling as he fought back.

"Brenda! Lia!" Jorge called out in panic, trying to look for the girls trying to shake off the two men that held him.

Mirroring the man, Thomas did his best to get out of the hold the stranger put him in. Yelling out the blonde girl's name as he saw her body being shoved into a car before he was harshly thrown into one of the cargo vans with Frypan.

"Get off me!" Continuing her movements, Lia groaned as her captor only held her tighter before pushing her into one of the vehicles. Brenda, who was in the same dilemma, was thrown after her. The two girls sent each other a look as they glared at the two masked men in front of them. Whoever the hell they were. 

✥✥✥

During the whole ride to wherever these strange masked men with guns were taking them, Lia had her arms crossed. Keeping as far a distance from the armed people in front of her. Her lips purse in annoyance while she fumbled with the fabric of her tank top. She hoped everyone else was doing fine.

"Do you think they're okay, Bren?" Lia whispered quietly to Brenda.

"I'm sure they are, Blondie." The short-haired girl answered with a smile, trying to reassure her friend as much as she could. "They've been through a lot worse." Her shoulder grazed against Lia's as they sat close to each other, occasionally sending a menacing look at the two men in gas masks that sat across from them. Brenda had grown overprotective towards Lia for the past few months.

The blonde girl was beyond exasperated now. Other than the fact that they not only took her guns and her katanas—The more time that passed was time wasted in rescuing her friend. She couldn't imagine what W.C.K.D had been doing to Minho at that very moment.