【05: Worst Road Trip Ever】

⫸ Metanoia: The Death Cure ⫷

「 Chapter 5: Worst Road Trip Ever  」

「 Chapter 5: Worst Road Trip Ever 」

Lia's nose scrunched at the smell of death and decay wafting into her nostrils. She was beginning to regret ever agreeing to go inside the tunnel. Why couldn't there be a shortcut or a fucking helicopter somewhere? She was stuck sitting in the back with Thomas on her left side. Newt sat in the passenger seat like he said he would as Frypan drove.

"Fry, turn on the lights." She was glad Jorge aided her when she installed the jeep's various headlights and backlights in case a situation such as this would happen.

Cringing at the light bumps the vehicle made as they eased their way inside, Lia strapped on her backpack's clasps around her securely. Making sure its contents weren't going anywhere as well as the straps of her katanas that were fully sheathed under the bag.

"Well, here we go," Frypan said, carefully driving the girl's jeep forward. Newt hovers his hand out of the window, holding onto a flashlight, adding more to the ridiculous amount of lights strapped onto the jeep.

"Yeah, just take it nice and slow," Newt advised, looking around the bundle of junk and abandoned cars laid out onto the path.

Thomas had his own flashlight turned on, lighting up the areas on the side of the car to see if any cranks or other things hiding. Meanwhile, Lia adjusted her gear. Double-checking her pistols for if or when she needed them.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" The jeep halted, the boys began grumbling to themselves. Looking up, Lia feels uneasy at the sight of a crank just a few yards away from them.

"It's okay

"It's okay. It's just one." Thomas attempted to reassure his friends who all had their eyes on him. However, even he was apprehensive. There couldn't just be one of them. "So take it slow, go around him."

"You should close your window." Lia's soft voice spoke. She didn't spare a glance at anyone. Her eyes simply focused on their surrounding. Understanding what she was warning him, Newt quickly retracted his hand, turning off his flashlight before rolling the window back up.