【14: What Can't Be Mended】

⫸ Metanoia: The Death Cure ⫷

「 Chapter 14: What Can't Be Mended」

The group had gotten Teresa to remove their trackers as carefully as she could but from the light groans of pain from the boys as theirs were being removed, Lia knew it was gonna be a bitch. They didn't even have the proper healing tools to heal the wound better but they had to work with the best resources the resistance could provide. 

The blonde girl was sitting on the desk once again, her legs dangling beside Gally who had wiped the back of his neck with a white cloth, a patch of blood smeared on the fabric. Lia patted his shoulder as he grumbled, "Bet she enjoyed that."

"You're probably right." Frypan agreed, nodding at his best friend. 

"Still would have been better if we severed just a little bit of that finger," Lia commented with a dark smirk but ended up laughing at the look of disbelief on the former Glader Cook's features. With Teresa being in the premises, Lia's personality had completely taken a different turn. Though having the girl full of sadness wasn't a sigh they liked seeing, but Lia being so morbid towards Teresa wasn't so pleasant either. 

"You are insane, girl." The dark-skinned boy laughed, bumping her knee with his fist, "Can't imagine you actually doing that."

"Well, there's a first for everything, Fry." Lia smiled sharing a laugh with the two boys beside her.

"I think she always had it in her," Gally admitted, giving the blonde girl an approving nod, "I mean you've kicked a lot of the guys' asses back in the Glade and sliced up those shucking grievers too."

The three of them shared sounds of amusements of those times in the Glade. Lia wrestling with Gally for the first time and them toppling over each other from the height difference. Frypan creating the best meals for everyone and having a food hangover from all the goodness. Minho and Newt would team up to mess with Lia and Chuck when they begin play fighting. Zart would share scary stories late in the night during bonfires that leave nightmares to a few of them. Alby would give out drunken speeches when he'd have too much moonshine. 

"You know, I missed this. It feels like home again." Frypan spoke softly, reminiscing the past. The Bonfire nights, the playful wrestling matches, eating his cooking together. What a time that was.

Lia smiled, sadly as she shared the same thoughts. It was a nightmare to be stuck in that maze and be controlled, but she did find happiness in the family she found.  "We'll find our home again, Fry." Lia told him with a nod, "I'm sure of it."

"Do you really think we can do this? Save Minho and the others?" Gally asked her, showing his inner tremor over the mission for the first time since they've been planning. 

"We'll have to try our hardest," The blonde uttered, grabbing the six-footer's hand in a comforting manner, "Everything would go to waste if we didn't try, right?" The two boys nodded at the girl's statement just as Newt sauntered over to the three with a few pieces of clothing in hand. Most of them are parts of the W.C.K.D guard uniforms they're required to wear in order to enter the facility.