XXIV

You woke up in a cold bed. Wolfie wasn't beside you. You got up and walked out of the room. You made your way to the kitchen and could hear the sound of eggs cooking. You saw Wolfie cooking and smiled, you didn't think he could cook.

"Good morning my love. I slept well last night, how about you?" Wolfie asked you as you sat down. He gave you a plate of eggs and a glass of orange juice. It smelled good.

"Thank you Wolfie. I'm glad you slept well." You said. He sat down with a plate and a glass. He was already dressed and looked happy, which made you glad.

"I'm sorry y/n, but I have to meet up with my parents today in about two hours. I'll see you on monday though, my dear." Wolfie said.

"Oh, I've had you for one day, which is plenty of time. Please tell your parents, Miss Chateau is doing well, thank you for making breakfast." You said.

You spent your time with him until he had to go. You hugged him tightly and kissed him deeply. He pushed back a strand on your hair. He kissed your head and whispered, "I love you, I'll see you next Monday, my love. Don't forget, I love you." He said. You nodded and watched as he left and drove off into the morning sun.

You went back inside, closed and locked the door. You wondered what you could do today. You had no chores, no one to see, nothing, really. You went back to your room and looked around your closet. You found a light pink dress that looked to be warm. Slipping it on, an idea struck you. Maybe Viola was free today. If she was, you could meet her for lunch and go over what had happened in the past few days and catch up on what she was doing. You didn't want to bother her, but you had nothing to do on days like this.

You went to the kitchen, picked up your phone and dialed her up. She picked up almost instantly and began talking loudly.

"Oh y/n! Hi! What are you doing? I'm not doing much. I was just reading a book and my father went out with some woman half his age. How was your Christmas? Mind was fairly boring." Viola said, her voice the speed of light.

"Please slow down, Viola. I'm doing great actually. I was just wondering if you'd like to grab lunch with me in an hour or two. I have nothing to do and you're always great to hang out with." You said, chuckling at how fast she spoke.

"Oh yes y/n! That sounds excellent. We can talk over some things. How do you feel about Denny's? It's cheap and not too far away?" Viola asked, the sun shining on her beautiful face from her family's large house windows.

"Sounds great. I'll see you there at 12." You said. She said great and then hung up. You looked at the old clock in the living room. It was only half past ten and everything was clean in the house and quiet.

You figured you could just go to Denny's early and get a table. You highly doubted the employees would care much about the fact you'd be spending an hour or two there. A lot of homeless people hung out around there. Something nice about cheaper restaurants is that you could dress in pj's and still look pretty nice. You put on your jacket, hopped in the car and started on your way. You reached it in about five minutes and quietly made your way in, hearing the sweet ring of the bell as you walked in.

You sat down at a little table in the back and ordered a chocolate milk and said you'd be waiting for a while for a friend of yours. It was now half past eleven and you'd already read the menu from front to back at least twice. You slugged your face down on your hand and sighed. You couldn't wait for Viola to come in and to tell her the good news. Well, the fact you had a concussion wasn't so great, but it was healing and you didn't really notice it.

You finally saw her and shot up. She seemed to smile and sat down across from you. She was smiling a big grin.

"So, what's going on? Tell me everything, I need to know! Has Wolfie told his parents by chance? How did the Opera go? Oh y/n you're killing me here!" Viola said. Her voice was quite high pitched and her cheeks red. She seemed so happy for you.