III

It was a long, almost exchurasting four hours. You enjoyed some parts of it, most of them being the dramatic parts. Other than that, you thought you think you fell asleep on a couple of different occasions. When it ended, you wondered how people could sit through something like that and don't be bored to the ends of the earth and back. Viola and Alfred got up. You did also.

"Are we going home?" You asked, already somewhat tired.

"We're actually going to the reception room, will get to meet the composer there, Y/N" Viola said, a big smile on her face. She must have been used to staying up late and hanging around wealthy people, you sure won't.

You followed her and her father out of theatre, down a odd and private pair of stairs that led to two large wooden doors with intricate designs and carvings on them, it was, in your opinion, a bit extravagant just for two doors, but you supposed this was a fancy affair, after all. You, Viola, and Alfred waited with maybe thirty people or so until the doors opened to reveal a large, dome shaped ceiling. The room was huge, bigger than any you had ever seen with your two eyes. It was beautiful, there were paintings on almost every inch of the ceiling and the poles that held it up curled in a shape that must have been sculpted by one of the best in all of America.

You went in; all of the sudden you felt like you didn't belong there. Everyone was wealthy and just from the way they talked and acted it was obvious you were the outsider. Most people were keeping to their small cliche of friends and family, taking in quiet voices. Despite that it was a little loud, probably because you were sitting down in the middle of the room, with everyone around you. You felt uncomfortable with all these people around you, but you kept quiet, dealing with your anxiety by yourself. Viola sat down beside you and started to talk of things but you could barely hear her over all the noise.

A man walked in and everything went silent. You got up to see who it was but had no luck. Viola then took your hand and basically dragged through the crowd until you were at the front. The man was the one from before, the one who had bumped into you in the hallway. He had dark brown eyes, blond hair that stuck out a bit crazily, he was wearing a dark green suit that had metal silver buttons on it. He sat down at a large grand piano. He had a huge grin on his face and seemed a little bit crazy.

He then started to play. It was a song you had never heard before but vaguely knew the melody. It was a complicated song, it went on for a long time. You leaned over and saw that there was no sheet music. You figured he must have known it from memory, which impressed you. He went on like this until he was done. When he was finished the whole room burst out in applause. You clapped along too but didn't laugh or giggle like the other girls, but instead just simply smiled at the man who had played the beautiful music.

"Thank you, thank you." He said, getting up.

The crowd broke up a bit and you went to the back where you wouldn't draw attention to yourself. You found a small seat and table and sat down. You rested your head on your hand and sighed, you were very tired and just kind of wanted to go home. You waited until Viola would come and get you, you were too tired to really do anything else.

You then saw the man who had played the piano coming closer to you. As he came up to you, you started to panic. You didn't even know his name and you could barely look new people in the eyes when you first met them. Before you knew it he was in front of you, and had taken a seat across from you.

"Hello, I see you came with Miss Viola Wuttern, what might be your name?" He asked in a thick accent, yet in a kind tone.

"Y/N L/N, I'm a friend of Viola, what's your name?" You asked, hoping to learn his name.

"Ich bin Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, are you by chance related to Viola?" He asked, his German coming through.

"Oh no, I'm just a friend of hers. Were you the man conducting the beautiful music tonight, by chance?" You asked, blushing.

"Yes, that was me. Did you enjoy it?" He asked, smiling.

"Yes, very much, it was quite beautiful." You said, not wanting to make the situation awkward.

"Thank you. It's been lovely to talk to you but I must go tend to my mother. By the way you are quite a pretty lady." He said, getting up and walking away.

You were very surprised by what he said to you. No man had ever told you that you were beautiful, other than your father. You didn't think too deeply about it though, you were sure he said that to just about every lady he met.

You waited for a while longer until Viola came to get you. She asked you what Mozart was like and you told her he told you he thought you were beautiful. Viola told you that he liked you, but you quickly shut her down, telling her that that was a ridiculous idea.

"Can we go home? I'm tired." You asked.

"Yes." Viola said.