Chapter 7

Amil , I called out. And where is he , I whispered to myself. I saw his tiny little feet behind the curtain. I caught you baby.. he giggled whiles I tickled him. Stop mum.. stop he cried. Okay okay I dragged him to the kitchen to eat dinner . Ziyad dinner is served I yelled. I will be with you in a bit, he yelled back.

Ziyad fed Amil as he ate his food as well. How come he is comporting himself and eating so comfortably but with me I have to struggle my heart out. He loves me more , Ziyad scoffed. I shook my head in disagreement. I tried feeding him, he rejected it. Gosh you are right. I told Ziyad . He smiled at me teasingly. Ziyad cleared the table whiles I washed the dishes. Zee I have something to tell you but I think is too early to conclude . Zee held me from behind. His phone rang interrupting our conversation. He hurried to the bedroom to reach for his phone. Amil had already dozed off at where he sat. I carried him into his room and placed him in his cot. Amil was few months away from his second birthday. Gosh so soon, please don't grow old . He looked adorable as an infant.Naila! zee called out. I'm in here . He joined me in Amil's room , he starting to look more like you . He said . I smirked . You wanted to tell me something
babe . Yeah I did , I answered whiles we walked to the bedroom. Yeah I'm listening. He said whiles sitting at the edge of the bed . Zee.. I said softly. I think I'm pregnant I said sadly, he jumped in excitement,that's good news but why? Aren't you happy. I'm but I'm a bit scared despite not being so sure. He held my hand trying to comfort me. Okay tomorrow we would go to the hospital for a check up. Yeah okay . I responded. Let's have some rest. Ziyad said . Goodnight zee. I said to him noticing him snore. Good night he murmured. I kissed him. He returned the kiss. I thought you are asleep. I whispered. He smiled with his eyes closed all this time .
I moved closer to him. Did I tell you , you smell nice , he murmured . Thanks but shh, sleep already. Okay Naila.

Mmm ... you look so handsome and yummy , I said whiles zee descended the stairs . He burst into laughter. Yummy? He asked . We both giggled .
Hey babe what ever comes out today let's be thankful to Allah . Yeah we will.We took Amil to the crèche nearby he had been attending for a while now . We headed towards the hospital.
I was scheduled for an ultrasound and I couldn't be more nervous. It's your turn Ma'am. The nurse said politely.
Ziyad held my hands while I undertook the process. Congratulations you both. You are having twins. Ziyad screamed completely loosing his cool. Sorry sorry he apologized. I giggled. We having two of them i told zee with great joy and happiness. Yes we are. He replied .
Zee and I stopped by the mall to shop. He won't stop getting me a lot of stuff. He dropped me off at my workplace. Good luck to you today , I screamed whiles he droved off . I couldn't concentrate the whole time . I held my belly most of the time thinking of how blessed I was . I got home late . The lights were turned off . Ziyad had called me earlier to tell me he already picked Amil at school and they were at home .
Where could they be , I whispered to myself.Zee I mentioned switching on the lights . He had already set dinner with my favorite dishes . Mmm...this looks delicious. Yeah they are delicious. Zee interrupted . This little man here lent a helping hand too. He added . He sure did . Didn't you baby. I said rubbing Amil's belly whiles he giggled. Almost like a dinner date . He lit up candles too. You should have bothered  zee . Thank you I really appreciate all you do.
We laid in the couch after praying isha together . We conversed for a long time after putting Amil to bed, from the beginning when we got married and all the trials we went through. Indeed Allah has been by our side. I sat close to him with my head on his shoulder with zee's hand rubbing my belly . I hope this two come out healthy as Amil did. Naila thanks for being you and a great mother to my kids. I see all that you do for our little household and I'm entirely grateful even though I sometimes don't show it. I smiled at him all this while .Zee , I said softly interrupting Him . We've had our ups and downs in this journey . We quarreled a lot over trivial things. we argued sometimes too but most importantly we patched things up at the end of the day before we go to bed . You've been there for me from day one . You never slept without making peace with me even though I'm mostly at fault and my ego won't make me admit. I love you Ziyad , and I think you the best man Allah chose for me . I couldn't be more grateful to him . I love you Naila he said with a kiss on my forehead and later on my hand. I hugged him tight with a great smile on my face.

Indeed after every hardship comes ease. We've got to be patient in what Allah almighty has planned for us . We must have faith in him. He is the best of all planners.

Finally I completed my second book , thanks to everyone who took the liberty to read as far the end . May Allah bless you all.

Editing soon !