Chapter 3

After a long trip , we finally got to our destination. Wow, you live here . I asked him completely unimpressed. Don't blame me.its a big house and I live alone , . Ziyad defended . I chortled. It's okay , I understand.
I packed all the luggage to one side. There is a whole work to be done here, I said this whiles cleaning. It was a bit dusty.
Okay so this is going to be here , and the couch should go over there. Ziyad stood there staring at me smiling. What is it . You should help me. I uttered.
I was so used to cleaning and putting things in order, it was an OCD I struggled with. Thank God I have someone now who would assist me . He said .
I heard a knock on the door. Ziyad I screamed. There is someone at the door. I added. I'm in the bathroom please check who it is . Argh I rolled my eyes. Hello may I help you , I asked the old aged man who spoke in a classy manner. I'm looking for Ziyad , oh oh sorry you must be the wife of Ziyad, he told us ..... yeah I interrupted . Such a beauty . He said handling ziyad's cat to me . He looks well fed . I said politely . Thank you sir . I'll tell him you were here, I added. Sure ,Mr green , Ziyad screamed almost missing him. He thanked him. I excused myself. She is such a gem congratulations man, I over heard Mr green. I left with the grin on my face.

It was almost maghrib and I was so hungry. We prayed together and made dua. We mostly thanked God for being with us through out the ceremony and back home.
Ziyad dashed out to get us dinner . I read the Quran whiles I waited for him. Sorry I took so long . He came in holding a lot of food. I didn't know what to get for you,so I brought a lot you can choose from. I smiled at him .we dug right into the food , as if we had not eaten in days . This is too spicy . I said .You don't like it , he asked . It's okay . I answered.
After isha(evening prayer) we spoke for a while.

I bathed slowly in silence, a lot of thoughts rushed through my brain . I was miles away from my family and friends . It's all good , I'll get used to this new life . I consoled my self. Gosh! I left the towel on the bed. But how come, I was holding it.
I tried to go get it, but I saw Ziyad come through the door. What am I going to now . I contemplated.
Ziyad please get me the towel on the bed . Okay he gladly said. He knocked the bathroom door . Close your eyes before you come in . I ordered him . No no walk backwards and leave it on the towel bar. He laughed whiles he obeyed. He tried to tilt his head . I screamed . He laughed and got out.

Ziyad is my husband but this change I had to adapt was quite difficult. And he totally understands . He excuses me when I ask him too. I promised him I will get used to him . I just need time.

It was 9, we both laid on the bed , watching a movie. I rested my head on his lap. No way , I thought Fiona was suppose to forgive him and get back together with him. I said at the end of the movie. Nope , he didn't deserve her forgiveness, what he did was completely out of place. Ziyad defended. What do you have against forgiveness, I asked him. nothing but Fiona forgave him mutiple times and he still won't acknowledge it. He clearly doesn't respect her. Well you are right , I agreed with him . He switched off the tv. I turned off the lights excepts for the lamps.
You should take care of all the decorations in the house , Ziyad said . Yeah I will . We both chose the paint colors . I agreed with most of his choices and he did with mine as well.
Wow we have the same taste , he said with excitement. Yeah. We do. With my head on his chest, he lifted my chin and gave me a kiss. I kissed him back passionately. We have a lot to do tomorrow. I dozed off ,whiles he kept on talking . Goodnight Naila.

Ziyad's POV

I loosened the drapes when the sun fully arose. Ah what a beautiful day today is. I said loudly. Without a doubt , Naila responded. Coffee, she asked . Yeah of course. I answered. The colors we chose were spectacular. I added. Yeah they are , she said . We had a whole week and more to do that , what do you expect.she added.

I had about a month leave from work and the end of it was approaching . Ziyad , she mentioned whiles handing the cup of coffee to me. I'm listening . I just had a mail from the fashion company I applied to. And...?I asked curiously. I have been accepted. That's great news. I said . Yeah is it okay with you. She asked in a concerned manner . Yeah of course why not . I'd close at 6pm everyday . Yeah i murmured, i wasn't really sure again. 6 is quite late. But anyways okay just go for it . Thank you . I just have to confirm the mail. She said giving me a kiss on the head.
I made lunch as she was so excited to start her new job ,she completely forgot about time. Naila, I called out . Wow thanks she rushed to taste the food. This is nice , she said with her mouth full. I joined her . She got up to get the lemonade. If you close at 6 , it means you going to get home at 7 or 8. That's too late don't you think . Yeah I know , you want me to reject the offer, she said disappointedly. No no please don't. I insisted. Monday we both start work, your route is different from mine. How will you get there . I'd take the train. It's sorted please don't worry too much . She said to me.

Naila doesn't know the city to well and coming home late was a bit of a great worry to me , she was so happy about been accepted I didn't want to ruin it . It's a popular fashion company and they started designing modest wears quite recently, they started hiring new workers. Many muslim women complained about having their brand make those clothings. I wish she closed earlier, that's all.

Naila's POV

I was so excited to exhibit my creativity. I know Ziyad is worried about me but I really want to work. I was tired of staying at home already.
I got home after my first day. Ziyad was already home . He was always home before 5pm. After praying my salah, I searched for him, he was in the tv room . my leg hurts so badly I said sitting next to him . Ziyad placed them on his laps and massaged them whiles we watched a documentary. Thank you , this is satisfying. I said with content.
I held kitty in my hands, looks like you and kitty are getting along so well.He said with a smile . Yeah we are , she is a good cat. I said rubbing her back.I have great news for you zee, go on with it Naila,he said calmly . I spoke to the head of the modest wear brand of the company, mrs salama. We talked about my closing time and how distance was a great worry. Surprisingly she understood and instructed i go home at 4 . She is a lovely person and she was so nice to especially when I told her I was married . We had a conversation over lunch and she disclosed she also got married at my age, and that was the best decision she ever took. Ziyad kissed me on the cheek out of joy , his worries have been alleviated. I'm grateful to her , May God bless her . He said . Ameen.

What do you think about this chapter, please vote and comment

Thanks for getting this far

Chapter 4 in a bit