Chapter 1

I sat at the window seat staring at the sky ,amazed at how beautiful nature is. I was completing school in 3 months and I couldn't be calm. It has been stressful but alhamdulilah (thank God). I couldn't be more grateful.
Naila, naila. Leah my little cousin called out. I'm here Leah. She barges in. What do you want I asked her. Mum says you should come downstairs . We are about to pray asr (3:00pm). We lived in quite a large family and we prayed together in a group.
Gosh, it's 3 already. Time really flies. I dashed for my hijab and joined them.
Naila come help set up the table.Mum said to me when I came to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water.
Firdaus my immediate sister offered to help. It was 5 pm and dinner was already served . Yusuf and Jamal rushed out as if they've been keeping an eye on us the whole Time . Yūsuf was the eldest amongst five , and Jamal was the second. Yūsuf had a quite calm personality unlike Jamal who is the exact opposite.
Dad joined. We said a word of prayer in our hearts . And we started eating. Leah who is almost 4 years had her both hand in her food. Put your left hand down. I said to her. "Well in Islam eating with your left hand is not encouraged ".She obeyed but with a frown on her face . Leah is that stubborn little  cousin who has always had her way. We both don't get along.
Firdaus did the dishes while I clean them up and place  them where it should be . Naila, she mentioned calmly. How is ziyad. Has he called you. Yeah he has,I answered. After a while she looked hesitant as if she wanted to say something, go on ask me . I told her .Do you like him. She asked curiously but mostly concerned . Ziyad is the son of my dad's friend who expressed his interest in me. But it was up to me to accept his proposal or not . Dad and mum did not impose it but I know it would make them happy if I did. 
I don't know yet. This is a bit new to me and I don't want to rush it. I added .Yeah that's totally okay and normal . Firdaus said. Ziyad is handsome and cute, haven't you seen his arm, Gosh his masculine features are so hard to ignore , Firdaus teasingly said . Goodness what is wrong with you fii . We giggled as I shook my head.
After maghrib prayer (sunset prayer),I read the Quran in wait for Isha after which I made dua to seek Allah Guidance in this decision that I make.
I sat at the window seat lost in my thoughts, fii wasn't wrong about Ziyad , but that was just his physical appearance. What about his inner self I wasn't abreast with that. I know Ziyad since I was like 4 . His dad brought him along anytime he visited us . We've been friends except for when he left for college. We usually met at our local masjid for Arabic and Islamic lessons. He would bring me home after . We had a good time together once. He was such a sweet and a kind person. The kids at the masjid loved him, he brought them candies anytime he could which earned him the title rujlul halwa (candy guy).
Ziyad had been working in a big time company In the city. The last time he came home to stay was after college. He stayed for about a year . Ever since he comes for a visit and disappears like a flash of light. The last time I saw him , we talked throughout the night such that it was late to go home. He slept in Yūsuf's room.
I dashed for my phone when I heard the notification sound. It was Salma my Elder sister . She was happily married to a business mogul . They had a daughter who is the same age as Leah.
I won't be coming home this weekend Naila. I got caught up with work .Please inform mum and dad . She usually informed me instead in order to escape the lecture our parents were going to give her about visiting parents. Salma comes home every once in a month and if she missed this ,it meant I wasn't going to see her in another month .I smiled at the text but for a moment I was sad because I had a lot of questions I had to ask her. She was my best friend. She helped anytime and she was just a call away. Argh..I rolled my eyes. I laid on my bed responding to a few texts. Ziyad name popped up,He was calling. I hesitated but I slid the button to answer. Salam. Hello , he said with his masculine voice. We spoke for about an hour talking about random issues. I dozed off whiles I left him hanging. I woke up to a goodnight text.

I was in my hostel studying for my last examination.
I really wanted to end very well so I didn't give it a chance. I learnt so hard I was awarded the best graduating student for the course I partook. I was so grateful to Allah for allowing me to experience such great honors. I was so excited. I could hear Jamal and Firdaus scream when my name was mentioned.
They cheered me up throughout the whole event. Dad was so proud he let out a tear. He hugged me and I smiled at him and said thank you for always being there. Yūsuf and mum couldn't make it . Mum had a fractured leg a day before hence she couldn't come . Yūsuf was home to keep her company . The journey to my school was so tedious and I insisted she stayed. Dad sent all the pictures to my uncles and aunts in excitement. Very typical of most parents.
Best graduating student??masha Allah Ziyad sent this via a text. How did he know . I stared at Firdaus and her face gave her out. I squinted and shook my head . If I get hold of you fii!. I said to her .
I was two years older than her yet she refuses to recognize this because she was a little bigger than I was . People usually thought she was older than me.