Chapter 2

The sun rose patiently, with birds chirping , quite cold atmosphere,the beam of light struck my face so hard . I came back to life with a grin on my face , remembering what today is . Firdaus chucked the bolster at me. Hey! I screeched . Amina dashed out from the bathroom jumping in excitement. It's today Naila. She said. I know , I know I said nervously . Breathe , breathe. They both said to me.
Please come in, the stylist had arrived. I could here voices every where .Mum had put down my gown few hours ago, which resulted in an emotional phase. She cried that I was leaving her. I had to console her and remind her of her other kids. Yusuf and I were mum's favorite.
It was time and everyone was all dressed up. I looked at myself in the mirror and heaved a sigh of relief. I was so happy but quite jittery too. I wasn't so much of a public person and today everyone's concentration would be shifted towards me.Alhamdulilah (thank you God) for this day . Let's do this. The crowd waited patiently downstairs. Firdaus texted "come down" . I walked calmly, descending the stairs,step by step in other not to ruin the show. Everyone stared at me and all I could hear is beautiful.. beautiful masha Allah ( what God has willed). Mum had tears in her eyes , I smiled at her and my lips read thank you. My siblings were just smiling looking so emotional, I'm sure they were thinking about how they would miss my presence. You made a beautiful bride, Yusuf whispered wiping a tear from the side of his cheek. Ziyad Stared at me almost hiding his tears, you are not crying? Are you I whispered to his ear sarcastically as soon as I got to him . I chuckled at him. Held his hand whiles we walked to our seat. The imam acknowledged and blessed the marriage. We were pronounced husband and wife. I held back my tears in other not to ravage my makeup. I want to take the best photos today. Firdaus was already taking care of that as usual. 
The celebration went on for a while, there were lots of foods and drinks after which a khutubah (preaching) was carried out. Firdaus danced the whole time completely ignoring the presence of everyone. 
The Muslims prayed their salah whenever it was time. There was a lot of merry making and feasting.
After isha prayer , it was time to go with my husband. Ziyad had  taken the lead and I was to follow up when I was ready .
I was going to stay at Ziyad's initial home ,Before we leave for the city in two days to our new home.Going to stay in the city was a big decision but Ziyad finally convinced me to do so.
I got home to ziyad's room . I took a tour around the room. I didn't meet him when I got there. I was wondering were he was. I saw an envelope placed on his table and on it was written "for you" . I knew Ziyad was a sweet man but being romantic was something I wasn't expecting . I chuckled whiles I opened it. Look behind you , the words of the letter read. It was him , staring and smiling. Hey stranger I said to him. He laughed. This is for you , he said putting a ring on my finger . It was a silver ring with a diamond on it. This is beautiful. I said .Can I hug you. He asked jokingly. No you can't I responded. He hugged me so tight I could hardly breathe. It was weird but I should get comfortable because this is my new life. The hug felt cozy I didn't want him to stop.
We sat on the bed , you looked so beautiful today, I thought of stealing you away before everyone's eyes but I thought to myself why would I go this far just to ruin everything. We both chortled. All this while I still had my hijab on . Can you like.. take the hijab off , I want to see your face . I have never taken my hijab off since I was 9 especially to a guy,definitely not something I dreamt off. My hijab made me more confident and it was my signature look. This would be my first time .
Do it yourself, I told him to. He gradually did so. wooooew .....You look different he said. What kind of different, I asked . The good kind of different. You are so pretty masha Allah. Thank God for the hijab , this beauty is mine alone . Ziyad said out of happiness.
I got sad when I remembered that I had left my family for good and I was going to miss all the drama in that house. What is it Naila, Ziyad said softly noticing my face dropping . Nothing I'm alright I answered. Look at me he said . I'm here for you , don't be shy to tell me what is bothering you okay .  Okay  . I said .
Ziyad leaned in for a kiss. And all I  could think about is "what is he doing", "is this right" , "gosh I can't believe this" .completely confused as it was my first time and everything was new.
He gently pressed his lips against mine for a few seconds. This is nice I thought to myself. Both  of us experienced an akward feeling right after the kiss. We spoke for a while mostly about our wants and likes and any dislikes. I like to keep a cat as a pet , well I have one he is with a neighbor back home . I was a bit surprised he looked so different from a cat person.  I also love flowers , which kind he asked . I loved tulips , they were my heart. Dad picked them on his way home from his travels. At home , well former home  I had a lot of them in my room. That's interesting Ziyad said . Close your eyes I have something for you. He insisted. Okay it's closed. He brought out a bouquet of tulips . How did you know . I asked him . Don't bother they must have told you. Yes Yusuf told me . He was the last person I thought of . Anyways , thank you ,I appreciate it .
I smelt it . They were so fresh and it's fragrance was so feminine and sweet scented. I smiled at him. He returned the smile.

I'm tired I'd like to rest , I told him . Please do . The bed is all yours . I chuckled. Sleeping on another bed , which I'm not sure whether I should . Calm down he is your husband . I whispered to myself. What's that ... Ziyad asked . Nothing. I answered. Aren't you going to lay down. I slept at the edge of the bed almost falling off. Ziyad was sinking in laughter, not sure what was wrong with me. What is wrong with you. You are leaving all this space for me , come on I'm not that big. I laughed at myself as I thought of what I was doing . Okay I won't sleep here . Just relax and have a good night sleep. No you should . I told him. Okay if you insist then I would. He slept on his side putting a pillow in between.
After a couple minutes of restlessness , Ziyad...Ziyad are you awake. I said softly.Yeah i am . I notice you were not asleep . He added.
Yeah I can't seem to find rest. Come closer he said with hoarseness. Ziyad had a deep voice even if he tried to be soft he just couldn't. He took the bolster that separated us from the way. I crawled slowly into his arms. You feel better, he asked . Yeah a little . He dragged me a bit closer again. Yeah that's better , he said . I smiled at him. I slept within the next minute.
I over heard him recite a dua(supplication) before sleep  which he ended with Alhamdulilah ya rabb.( thank you Allah).

Thank you for getting this far. Naila has never had any fling with anyone not to talk of a relationship. Yeah!She is 22 yrs but everything was new to her.

Thanks guys for the love and support. Please vote and leave your comments . Xoxo