Chapter 6

Amil was born at a complete 34 weeks , he looked very healthy and lively. He cried when I held him in my arms. Shhh...shhhh. Mummy is here with daddy. I sang to him. Ziyad could not hold his tears any longer. He left the ward for a while , very sure he didn't want to be seen. Ziyad I called him when he exited. He ignored me . He was so emotional, he couldn't help it. Amil was coincidentally born the day his dad was born. Ziyad gave him the name Amil which signifies hope.
Come here, I called him .I placed amil carefully in Ziyad hands while he slept. He looked so peaceful in my arms . Ziyad said to me. He does know his father, I smiled and said . Alhamdulilah ya rabb (thank you oh lord) . Ziyad kissed my forehead gently. I kissed him on his cheek too.
You have a lot of aunties and uncles who are waiting for you. A whole family awaits your presence. He murmured. He implied my siblings. Ziyad was the only son of his parents . He had lost his sister when he was teenager. And that was the turning point of his life . He got closer to God since then and understood the purpose of life. Ziyad was actually born today,when his son was also born. You planned it , didn't you. I accused him. He shook his head and smiled . He placed amil in the cot and sat by me , he spoke with so much delight. I held his hand and slowly dozed off.
Congratulations Naila , everyone said . Yusuf held amil in his arms saying a word of prayer to his ear .
Zee's parent were also present. They all sang praises to the almighty God. They whole house was full of joy as a feast was held in grande style , just family and close pals
Later in the evening , Salam! Firdaus said making an entrance. Come in , I smiled and said. Is he sleeping already. She asked peeping at amil in his cot. Yeah he is. I answered. You look so happy , she said with tears in her eyes . I glared at her. I took care of my diet, I exercised a little and went for regular check up. I never missed an appointment, and lastly I prayed to God every time I could and look he listened. Allahu akbar (God is great), firdaus murmured. I hugged her , I took care of myself and Allah did the rest. Look at his face , she said approaching the cot. He looks more like his dad. Yeah he does. I hope he becomes just like his father , I added. Ziyad has been one of my greatest decisions.I love him so much for being the good and adorable person that he is. Awww firdaus said in admiration. Salam Ziyad said behind the door. I responded whiles firdaus exited.
How are you doing? He asked. You look exhausted. He added. I'm okay please stop worrying, I said holding his palms. Something came up and I have to leave early tomorrow. Would you like to stay here a bit longer or ..... I rolled my eyes... why now. You told me it was okay  to travel for a while . What happened zee. I said in disappointment. My presence is required, there is no other option Naila, please understand Naila . I will be back for you both, if you decide to stay which I think will be the best . Yeah it is if it's with you here, I interrupted. Okay fine, but are you going to be alright living alone.i asked him. Yeah I would. He answered. Okay if you say so . Please be back as soon as you can. I'd be waiting.
Ziyad left the next day , early in the morning. I hugged him and bid him farewell.

Few days later

Ziyad said he'd be coming today and that he already departed. What is keeping him so late. I called him but his number was switched off. I was starting to get a bit worried mostly because it was getting dark.
Allah keep him safe, I prayed .Amil shrieked interrupting my thoughts. I held him but wouldn't stop crying. Mum dashed in to give me a helping hand . My heart started to pound so fast , I knew something was wrong. My phone rang, hoping it was Ziyad . An unknown number popped up. Hello Naila. Ziyad what happened, where are you . You said you were on your way , you never showed up. Are you okay. Calm down Naila, zee said at the other end of the phone. I was attacked by thugs who took everything I had on me including my phone. SubhanAllah (perfect God)zee. Are you okay? . Yeah I am . I was hurt badly . I'm currently at the hospital, of which I've been denied a discharge despite insisting I had to leave. No you ain't leaving, you'd stay there till you get better . I'd come there with Jamal tomorrow send me the location immediately after the call. Sure Naila . Please have some rest zee. See you later insha Allah(God permits ) .

I ran to hug him whiles he laid in bed. Ouch he screamed . Sorry sorry. He laughed I'm okay Naila. You had me scared there for a minute . I could hardly rest since yesterday. You've been discharged Mr Ziyad . The doctor said whiles checking his temperature. She must be your  wife. Yeah I am , I interrupted. What a beautiful couple you guys are . Thank you , we both said with a smile. Zee limped his way to  the parking lot . It was Jamal holding amil. Hey brother are you okay ? Alhamdulilah, zee said hugging Jamal. I had already parked our bags. Jamal loaded the bags into our car. We thanked him and bid him farewell. We argued for minutes about who was going to drive . Zee insisted he did but I disagreed . He later allowed me knowing for sure I wasn't going to listen to him.

We got home after a long drive . I fed Amil and put him to bed whiles I helped zee too. I now have to take care of two babies of which one is so stubborn, I murmured . Ziyad laughed , oh so you tired of me already. Yeah I am , I said helping him into bed. I switched of the lights ready for bed . Please help me with the pillow underneath my head, he said whiles I crawl into bed . Is it okay now . I asked him. No it isn't , he replied. How about now . No it isn't . And now ?no . He laughed . You messing with me , aren't you. I pinched him . Ouch he screamed. He dragged me close to him . Let me go. I struggle but still couldn't help myself. He held me with a strong grip which I couldn't escape. I stopped pressing. He laughed at me. I hate when you do this I said sadly. And I love when you get like this. Zee said to me. I looked at his face awfully. So now what, I asked him. He raised my chin with my eyes pointed directly to his . He kissed me and i returned it .

A mild cry interrupted us. I quickly rushed to Amil's room . Don't cry mummy is here I sang to him whiles he slept back. Is he asleep, Ziyad asked when I came back. Yeah he is . I'm exhausted I'd love to rest but Amil won't allow me. Come here , he said with an open arm. I snuggled into it. This feels so good, I murmured. Goodnight zee.

Thanks for getting this far  "smiles "