The Militant Dropout

3rd Person POV

Bell collapses to the floor, her hand on her chest as she lands face first onto the mud, her eyes wide open and red veins bulging on the white sclera of her eyes.

"Y/N?" Helen slides to the unconscious woman's side and rolls her over onto her back, and she puts her head on her chest, feeling nothing beat back she looks in shock at the group gathering in the garage. "Sims? Lazar? Adler?"

19-- Hoi An, Vietnam

Snorts of laughter and the pouring of drinks are heard as a council gathers around a long table, "That dude in Berlin, his face down in the mud, a bullet in his ass, was only half as ugly as Volkov". The woman not yet known as Bell quips out at the expense of the man, causing a spurt of laughter among those on the table."What's left on the itinerary, Ivan?"

The head of the table pulls out a laminated photo of overhead shots of the Korean War, with the NATO offensive pushing the North out of the Southern country entirely, "The West is pushing onto Da Nang and other important cities in Vietnam, the local authorities are slaughtering soldiers, but I fear the American bloodlust will wear down the Viet Cong. We need a plan to wear down American support or their armies " Ivan looks to the table as the members begin to pull out notebooks and folders.

The first is Zhang Li, "I have managed to catch onto American radio waves, with this information the Viet Cong will know where the Americans are hiding and when they will attack. I can send a proxy to relay information. And with Aldrich's spies, the Viet Cong should formulate better strategies"

The next to stand is Vikhor, who takes a black marker and circles a part of the map, "The American foundation 'Red Cross' has set up an outpost, if we can set up an ambush, we can put to rest thousands of Americans, they will be forced to set up camps nearby, stopping them dead in their tracks"

"We aren't killing injured people Vikhor" Y/N retorts to Vikhor in an annoyed tone, her legs propped up on the table, "Not only would we get in trouble with the Geneva convention, but it's also like shooting fish in a barrel"

"If shooting fish in a barrel leads to less Soviet Deaths we're taking it"

"We are in this room because the Americans value profits over lives, if we begin to value hollow victories over lives we are no better."

The head of the table raises an eyebrow and looks to Y/N, "Are you proposing a plan?"

"Yes, we can plan an attack on the American headquarters, firebase ripcord. While the Americans head to Da Nang, it will leave them vulnerable for an attack that shall cripple their infrastructure for future offensives"

Vikhor chuckles, "The Viet Cong don't have much infrastructure as is, and who will lead them, they only know guerilla combat"

"Yes, but Arash has already begun outsourcing for mercenary work, while Zhang Li has lobbied the KGB for additional assets. As for who will lead them, I became this group's international operative for a reason."

"Ok. Y/N will lead the attack on Firebase Ripcord"

Back to Bell, 3rd Person POV, CIA Safehouse

Bell's body lays on the floor, Helen calls out for help as he goes to check for vitals, checking to find very weak breaths and almost no heartbeat in response. Quickly stashing the photos in her coat, "I don't know what happened her heart's giving out and I need help, get her to a gurney", Helen's face exposing worry as she tries to pick up Bell, but struggles with the weight.

Sims runs over, and after seeing Bell in the state she is, he goes to lift her and grabs her legs, while Helen grabs her shoulders, both taking her into the garage and going to lay her down on a table, Lazar shoving everything on top of the table to make space. Adler stares from a corner of the room in curiosity as Helen runs and slides over a broken down car to a medical kit hanging on the wall. She takes out a defibrillator "Clear!" and zaps the body laying down on the table

1st Person POV

I'm shocked back to the real world as I feel the electricity of the tools on my chest, "I'm up, I'm okay!", I cry out to the team members standing next to me, a mixed reaction among them as my now upright figure yells out to them. "What the hell-" I'm cut short by a sudden embrace of lavender and tea as agent park embrace me on the table, the only other sudden move being the thud of medical tools hitting the floor.

"Bell, no Y/N I was worried, you collapsed on us, and I didn't know what happened, I got worried" as her worried look faded, she looked over and said, "What happened?"

"I can't remember much, you...did something and I felt like someone else for a few seconds, it was hard to focus on it."

"Strange that you had a dissociative detachment, I understand that remembering the Vietnam Missions is stressful, especially for survivors, I want you to know I'm here if you need help"

As Park says this Adler walks over while smoking, the secondhand fumes making my nose burn, like whiskey. "Park is right, but Bell we need you to remember these details, Sims is catching up Lazar, we need Park up to speed before the moon sets. Push through this Bell, we have people to save."

"Of course Adler, people to save, countries to protect, like you've always said"

"There's the spirit Bell, catch up Park, and hit the coffee if you need to"

Adler walks off, leaving the two in awkward silence before Helen is the first one to break it in a cheery, relaxed tone, "Well, let's not mess around any longer, Y/N, tell me everything about Vietnam"

"Of course"

I go in depth about my time in Vietnam, I include every excruciating detail as I let the words roll off my tongue seemingly like a feather, it isn't until I begin to describe the defense of Ripcord that the words are difficult to escape, seemingly with weight to them.

"Ripcord was a bloodbath, there were sirens that awfully yelled across the base, the firing of those American-made guns was like rain hitting the roof, and the Americans screaming orders was, traumatizing to say the least"

"Interesting observation Y/N, are you ready to decipher the dossier?"

"I was born ready"

A/N: Upcoming Chapter

Bell Sees Ghosts