Bell Sees Ghosts

3rd Person POV

..."Bell"...

..."Bell"...

"Bell!"

Bell snaps up, her eyes blinking as they adjust to the dimly lit safehouse "Huh", Bell looks around and sees the Black Ops team milling around the various boards and desks of leads on the new enemy, Perseus. Adler is snapping his fingers in Bell's face who's hair has seemed to lose any semblance of normalcy, "Bell...you've been passed out for about an hour, any progress decrypting?"

Bell looks over to the opened dossier and grabs an almost dried out pen, flipping through the pages, she realizes one thing.

1st Person POV

"Oh my god..." the notes were fully transcribed, with the name A̵̡̢͍͉̗̲͓̪̥̖͋͆́̽̑̑̓̆͘̚͜n̴͉͇̞̻̯̖̻̯̭̖̆̉͒͒͋ṭ̷̢̢̢̙̥̩̖͇̠̟̺͊̎̓̌̂̕ǫ̷̨̙̪̞̟̖̟̘̜͈̜͈̈́̈́ń̷̢̛͚̹͓̤͕̭̜͚̣̘̳͍̽̐̈͛̇̇̍̂͝͝ͅ ̷̢̞̦̩̣̥͛̋̈́͂̓́̕̕̚̚͝͠V̴̛̗͎͎̳̦̩͙͑̐́͌̎̎̔̈́͗͒̉̉͝͠ő̷̮̼̱̥̲̗͓͙̘͗̌̋͐̑̓̎̔̒l̸̜̬̱̘̙̲̳͎̖̠͛̿̀̈́̀͑͂̀̏͛̎̄͝k̸̛̹̲͓̘̖͉̰̲̀̇̈́̓͒͂͆̍ǫ̴͙̍̇̑͂̃̋̀̔͂̉́͝͠v̴̨̢̧̢̛͖͉̩͈̠̳̼̼͈̤́̀͂̈̀̀̚͜͝, highlighted over and over. "Park get over here, I think I struck gold"

Park walks over and sits down on my desk, facing me "I'm astonished Bell, the CIA have barely cracked the surface of that and you've decrypted the whole thing, certainly an accomplishment". Helen puts on a pair of wide-rimmed reading glasses and draws a pen from her hair, "Can I take a look Bell?" and reaches over to the papers sprawled on the desk.

"Wait a minute. Did I decrypt this?" I have to  gently grab Helen's hand to stop her, and taking a minute to scan up and down the notes, I rub the page vigorously "Why is the ink dry? How long have I been out? Why was I out?" Looking at Park, I wait for a response

"Bell, you're acting strange, I think you need a nap"

"I don't think it's strange to wonder why I passed out?"

"Y/N I'm talking about this" Park holds up her hand, alongside mine at our eye length

"Oh, I- ugh, meant to-, It's just tha-"

"You're embarresing yourself Bell" Park hops off the table and gets close to my ear, whispering "I hope you don't mind if I take this, unless you're going to keep me here"

Instantly loosing the grip on Park's hand I have to stand dumbfounded while I see her walk off with the dossier, clicking a pen as I wonder why the dossier was so easy to decipher

Years Ago, Vietnam

Y/N sits at a desk, quickly typing down and sipping coffee while Qasim lays down on a couch behind her, throwing a tennis ball at the ceiling over and over.

"Using a typewriter, the mere presence of it in the briefing room, makes me believe you are using it as a colporteur's indulgence" a woman with posture as straight as a ruler walks over and tears out the paper, crumpling it up and tossing it to Qasim, "Throw that up and down, perhaps it will be just as fun"

"Always fun when you do that Ms.Li, what's the issue now, are these jeans too tight?", Y/N turns around to face the Chinese woman, who was holding a ballpoint pen and several sheets of paper in her arms. "Are those your two closest friends?"

"Ms.L/N, I understand your situation before coming here, you were a self-described 'Liberator', but I've read your file, you are an anarchist. You are also a terrorist, Ivan was fine supplying you to continue in Africa but I want you here. Where you can become much more". She finishes her sentence by dropping the supplies on her table. "Rewrite it in pen"

"Sweet. Promotion from Anarchist to Secretary"

"Meet me downstairs in ten minutes, and not a second later"

"Fine. I'd rather do that then finish this"

Exactly Thirty Minutes Later

"Can I have a second to breathe" a woman with a sweat-drenched tanktop grabs her knees for balance, covered in bruises and a bloodied lip as she stares into the darkness

"Do you believe that the Americans will give you a second to breathe before crushing your skull in?" The woman is only detected through the pacing of her steps and the sound of her dragging a metal pipe across the concrete floors. "We are doing it again"

"Ugh. FINE"

The dragging sounds stops as Y/N readies a stance, holding up two of her arms and placing one foot in front of another. The woman walks out of the darkness holding a steel pipe in one hand, and runs over, quickly raising it over her head to bring down on Y/N's skull. But holding her arms in an X to catch the pipe, tilting backward to catch the pipe closer to her hand and tilting to avoid it hitting the head. "You're learning, I suspected your skull was hollow "

Zhang Li draws back the pipe, giving Y/N time to close the gap as she reaches for her leg, Zhang Li striking her back, and then Y/N raising her leg, making a  thud as she is slammed into the concrete. "I do learn, and you're going to see how"

Y/N puts a knee on her chest, twisting it, forcing Zhang to grunt in pain, and raises a fist, but stops to see her expression, hesitating. The moment of hesitation giving the woman a chance to trike her on the head with a metal pipe, knocking her on the floor. "You fool. Never hesitate to strike a finishing blow. It could be the death of you"

The woman stands up and cracks her neck, grabbing a ballpoint pen and throwing it onto her body. "5 minutes, I need you working on that report, finish it by tomorrow, because then I'm teaching you Mandarin" and then begins to walk away

"Why are you doing this?" Y/N says while rigoursly panting and wiping her forehead of blood, "Vikhor and Robert offered some marksman classes, that sounds better"

The woman stops dead in her tracks, "The CCP slaughtered my husband because I was reporting to Perseus, I was sloppy and was caught in a lie, I didn't pay attention to the little things and paid dearly". She turns around and shows a tear in her eye "Now I forged an identity and have to face them on Perseus's behalf. I never once wished I was a better marksman, but I regret every day that I can't go back and change my mistakes. Now get up, you're embarrassing yourself"

Back to Bell

The tension gets too much as I stand up and go to walk out "I'm just going on a smoke break, I'll be back in a second. I speed walk out of the garage and walk out into the dirt road, and into the edge of the treeline. Staring into a puddle I feel an urge to reach into my reflection, disrupting the image and rubbing the cold water into my face to clear my head. 

"Is that what they call smoking now?" I see Park, leaning on a tree, "Don't mean to pry but I found it weird when you said you were going on a smoke break. You don't do nicotine, I think it's a great habit". Park walks closer and leans down "What's the matter? You can tell me anything"

"I don't feel right, I'm remebring things that aren't mine"

3rd Person POV

And after hearing those words, Park clicks a small device in her ear, and smirks

A/N: Well, what a chapter, sorry for the delay, I hit some bad cases of writer's block. But I want to circumvent that, I've been thinking of writing a one-shot book to help get my creativity flowing more, maybe focusing on B99, but I'm open to other stuff and want more input, both about that and this story, especiallty constructive criticism