Infatuation

3rd POV

"Y'know Bell, I'd prefer to walk around without these" Helen raises her two hands to show her bound arms, which Bell quickly cuts her free of and then lowers herself down to her feet and cuts her feet free with her knife.

"Yeah, you can thank me when we get out of here," Bell says while helping Park to her feet and a quick grin, clasping both of her arms, Helen gave a smile that lingered long for longer than both of them would like, the thrill of saving Park faded into an awkward silence.

"Really Bell? And here I was hoping for some revelry in this dilapidated building" Helen spoke while raising an eyebrow and grabbing a shotgun from the floor, then walking past Bell to a radio station, planting a chip in it, and turning it to a new station. "Bell, give this a read, I can't understand it, it's in Russian," she said after handing her a green file labeled - Radio Logs -

Flipping through the pages Bell reads the following transcript

Deliverer: Ivan, have you received the package?

Recipient: I have, the invasion's counter-attack has already been planned, the soldiers who have been feeding information have been sent to a re-education facility, and anti-aircraft machinery has been placed in the countryside

Deliverer: Good, we must keep this underground, I am getting closer each day, I have been invited to a Black Ops assignment by Russel Adler, the fall of the west is imminent

Recipient: Perfect, I will-

Deliverer: Ivan, are you there?

Recipient: Yes, we are now, we will speak later

Bell's face forms a look of confusion before letting the emotion drop, "Nothing Helen, it's just, a...radio set up instructions"

"Please Bell, your face tells a story and it's telling me you" Park walks over and pokes Bell in the chest, "know something I do not" in a playful tone

"It's nothing important, I'll keep it for later" Bell replies with a dismissive tone. This transcript was important and Helen was found in a Soviet bunker, it was better in her hands, for now, storing it inside her body armor. "But what about you, how'd you get in here?"

"Oh, I came to plant the bug you saw, took out one, then there was another, and another, and another. And I figured If I get captured I could at least dynamite myself or something" Helen said while shrugging her shoulders while messing with the radio.

"Well, we should be going, I have an exfiltration flare," Bell says while climbing the metal ladder to the rooftop "Are you coming?"

"In a second, I need to find this"

Bell smiled while looking at Park, she was incredibly attentive while looking at the radio, she had a pencil in her hair and pulled out a pair of glasses while cross-referencing signals from a notecard, and putting on a pair of headphones, while Bell got to the roof.

As soon as Bell made it to the top, she turned around and came face-to-face with a man in a gas mask that covered half of his face. The man reacted quicker and punched Bell right in the gut, causing her to double over. And grabbed her by the back and threw her into the center of the roof, right onto the helipad. -In Russian- "Judas..."

The man spoke in an incredibly deep and raspy voice and thundered over to Bell, who took the time to sit up. But not before the man walked over and picked her up by the collar, holding her in the air. -In Russian- "Well You're more like Lazarus, didn't I shoot you a couple of minutes ago"

The man pulls up his shirt to show a rotting bullet wound in his chest, and the hole he made pulling it out. "You cannot kill me...you spineless rodent" He shook Bell up and began to choke her out on top of the roof.

Bell peered into his one good eye and dead eye, an insidious look, and the muscles in his face clenched to show he was smirking. As Bell beats on his arms to try and loosen his grip in any way she can. "Well this rodent is going to-"  Bell draws a knife and her limp hand goes to strike his forearm, but the force wears off and the knife isn't able to pierce his trench coat

"You are nothing," the man says as he tightens his grip, "You are a child, you throw a tantrum when the victory isn't easy, and you lash out at the hand that fed you"

Bell feels her vision fade in and out, and her eyes shut.

Bell POV, South Africa, Approximately Twenty Years Ago

Bell, no Y/N runs through the streets of Cape Town, wearing a black bandana that covers parts of her face, sunglasses, and black clothing with a backpack.

She reaches into her backpack and pulls a bottle of alcohol with a rag in it, lights it, and throws it at a building labeled "White's Only". And as riot cops chase her through the streets she pulls a smoke grenade as she dives into an alley. Taking a hit from a rubber bullet doesn't stop her momentum as she shakes a can of spray paint from her belt defacing the "White's Only, Poolside Buildings" while striking some of the letters to make it spell "Poo Building"

Running to a fence Y/N vaults it, but not before the bandana rips, and the wire cuts deep below her lower lip, forming a scar. But she still made it across, however, the police caught a clear image of her face. As she escapes deeper into the city, using it as a veil to hide.

Weeks later, her face would be plastered on the newspaper, at the age of 19 she was already considered a domestic terrorist.

Back to Bell, First Person

I can feel the blood slowly return to my head and the senses return

Touch, the ground is metal, the helipad and I'm on my back now

Hearing, I hear breathing, my own breath being almost nonexistent and a much stronger one over me

Smell, there's a strong aroma, strong sulfur of bullets and hints of, Lavender

Sight, I could see agent Park's face close to mine, her eyes closed

Taste, Helen's mouth was on mine, obviously performing, but as I laid there, she was definitely going over the 20-second limit taught in the training

As they both laid there, it wasn't long until Helen's eyes opened, and the two turquoise eyes met hers, and the realization that Bell's eyes were open for some time made the Brit stand upright and begin dusting herself off. Her face wiped with a tinge of pink.

"Bell, you are...doing well, that is...simply wonderful news..." Helen avoided eye contact as she spurred out the words.

I reached over and gave her a playful shove to the shoulder "okay weirdo, what was that?"

"It's...nothing, just that the helicopter is here" she pointed to the helicopter

"Ok-" as I tried to keep the conversation going a much stronger sensation overcame me, and I spilled my guts. Not figuratively. I threw up on the helipad.

"Now who's the weirdo?" Helen retorted with a snort before the chopper came closer and a man came into view. It was Russel Adler, a friend.

He extended out an arm to me as I wiped the well-traveled military rations off my lips. "Bell, get in, I've got some exciting news"

A/N: Alright, I am going to start sending off the chapters with author's notes to give some important Intel to you guys reading and my general thoughts. First off is that I mention apartheid, South Africa, obviously, that has a lot to do with race and I'm leaving Bell's ambiguous, so you can do with that what you will, I don't plan on saying it at any point. Second off is that I'm naming all the chapters after something, it could be really obvious but the first person to guess this pattern/Easter Egg will have a semi-recurring character named after them.