Growing Closer

She gulped nervously. Once again I smiled encouragingly. Tentatively,she reached a hand towards me then stopped herself. "It's okay honey". I gently took hold of her hand and placed it on my chest. I searched her face when I heard her sharp intake of breath. She looked happy,yet scared of how touching me made her feel. "Do you um,always sleep naked"? I laughed. "Yeah,usually. Why? Is it bothering you honey"? She shook her head. " No,not at all Jeff". She still only rested her hand on my chest. So I took her hand gently and moved it across my chest. "Des,it's okay baby. You can touch me. I see it in your eyes you want to. You don't have to be scared of me. I won't ever hurt you. Besides I like it anyway. You have a really sweet and tender touch". She blushed again. "I barely know you though Jeff. It's so forward". " "I agree actually. But you shouldn't have to fight what feels right honey". "Don't you have a wife or girlfriend at home Jeff"? I sighed heavily and took a really deep breath. "Not at the current moment honey. Let's just say that she was unsavory and I kicked her out". She seemed to sense the sadness and hurt in my voice. "Aww Jeff,I'm so sorry she hurt you". I shrugged. "Not everyone values being faithful. I sure do though". "You must have really loved her for her to hurt you so deeply". I nodded. "Yeah I did,until I came home and saw her messing around on me with my own eyes". Suddenly Destiny snuggled right up on my chest."Jeff,I'm so sorry". She hugged me,with her face on my chest. "Did she ever snuggle with you like this"? I looked into her beautiful eyes. "No. I had to wear my shirt while I slept cuz she didn't wanna feel my body hair touch her while she slept". She looked incredulous. "That's stupid and immature! You're a man and a furry one at that. I for one think you're the sexiest man I've ever seen in my life! You're every woman's dream"! I laughed cuz she didn't even realize she said it out loud. "I'd never make you wear your shirt,in fact I'd make it a rule for you to never wear a shirt around me". I laughed as she went on. "Is that right honey"? She gasped now fully aware of what she has admitted out loud. "I can't believe I just said that out loud and you actually heard it". She buried herself under the covers. Laughing,I pulled the covers back and held her closer. "Thanks baby. At least someone thinks I'm sexy". I rubbed her back and she sighed,relaxing against me. She relaxed instantly. "Since we're being totally honest here,I'm gonna tell you that I think you're gorgeous,sweet,and kind. I wanna get to know you more honey. I sense that you completely just get me. So I'm gonna go out on a limb here and ask you to come back to Cameron,N.C. with me tomorrow. You can let your friends know what happened. I'll let my PR manager know too". Astonished and utterly surprised was the look on her face. "Jeff! I can't even wrap my head around being here with you this way,let alone in your own home". I chuckled. "C'mon baby,I'll be on my very best behavior I promise. I'm really feeling you and I can see it's what you want too. "Okay. Wait"! "What's wrong",I asked. "What about all my stuff"? I smiled. "Leave it baby. I'll take you shopping with me". "Jeff,I don't want you to go out of your way for me". I smiled. "Too late for that now". I was shocked when she leaned over and kissed my chest,right over my heart. "And that's for what honey"? "For being such a really sweet person". I knew then I was right to take her with me. There was a sudden thunderstorm and she all but jumped on top of me when a loud crash of thunder rumbled close by. She shivered. "Jeff? Please hold me tighter". "It's ok honey. I've got you baby",I soothed. "You got an addition to your tattoo",she said as she looked at my left shoulder. "Oh yeah,it's a whole back piece actually honey. That's why I didn't take my shirt off for you earlier at the event. Believe me honey I wanted to but I didn't want everyone to see it before I was ready to reveal it". Des relaxed into me more. I really enjoyed holding her. She was unlike any other woman I've ever met in my life. She reminded me of my mom a lot. She rubbed her face lightly across my chest,my soft chest hair tickling her pretty face as she drifted off to sleep. Man I had it bad for her. I kissed the top of her head. Then I texted my brother Matt to let him know I was coming home tomorrow. I asked him to get my spare house keys and prepare a guest room for me. Curious,Matt grilled me,but I just said that I'd explain everything tomorrow when I get home. Then I drifted off to sleep myself,happy for once.