Feeling Things Out

Des and I were chilling in the hot tub just talking. "So um,Jeff? What ever happened to you and your soon to be ex wife"? I sighed. "I was just never enough for her I guess. At first she approached me and I really thought maybe she did care about me. Turns out she saw that my brother Matt and I had come into the bar with our brand new tag team title belts slung across our shoulders. She knew right them and there that we had money and that we were obviously in the sports industry. So she decided to make a move on me and cuz I was way too shy to say or do anything she knew she had me hooked. So she initiated sex and we ended up sleeping together. It was never serious. Not at first anyway. I told her after a couple of years of dating that I wanted a baby with her. At first she flat out refused and told me no. Then I was planning on leaving her after arguing about it,since I always knew I wanted a family of my own ya know"? She studied my face and rubbed my bicep in comfort. "Aww Jeff". I continued,"So then she snuck and got pregnant,lying to me,saying she was on the pill. At first I was furious that she had lied to me,just to trap me into staying. But then I felt super happy about becoming a father ya know? So I stayed and tried so hard,with everything in me to make it work. She got me hooked on some pretty bad drugs. It took me awhile to get clean amd sober. I wanted a second baby with her and once again she refused. Once again I planned on taking Ruby and leaving her. She used my past with drugs and alcohol against me,saying a judge would never grant me custody of my daughter and I stupidly believed her. I already punished myself for my past. I didn't want anyone else judging me for it. So again I stayed and then she got pregnant again and once more I tried to make it work. She just grew way too distant for me to try and reach anymore. Then one day I came home and she's naked in my bed,my house,with a dude screwing her from behind and a chick 69ing with her. Man I was so hurt and disgusted that I threw em all naked outta my house". She hugged me close to her and rubbed my back. "Oh Jeff,I'm so sorry she did you so dirty. You're an amazing man and you didn't deserve any of that". I looked into her eyes. "For sure I didn't". Then she burst out laughing,her face grazing my chest as she did so. "What's so funny Des"? "I just got a visual of them getting kicked out naked and you being all fired up,throwing them all around the house and down the stairs". I couldn't help but laugh too at the vivid visual she presented to me. We laughed and drank some coconut water. Then she cuddled up to me. "So what's on the agenda for tomorrow my handsome Enigma"? "Helipcopter ride over a volcano,hike into the forest and parasailing. Followed by some swimming,tanning and fishing". "I'm so down for all that",she replied. Good. "Oh and jumping off a cliff too",I added real low so she wouldn't hear me although she did anyway. "Wait what"? "You heard me the first time gorgeous". "So tell me about you and your failed relationship". "Well,let's see. We could talk about the way that my ex um slept with a former friend of mine". I raised my eyebrows. "Well at least that explains why you put up a wall and shut people out". "I haven't shut you out though". I smiled. "And I'm really happy you haven't honey". I looked at her. "Nice tattoo by the way baby". She had a beautiful tattoo of a cross outlined in silver,that had a gold halo above it,with a red rose in the center of the cross,and angel wings that were also outlined in silver,and were all white with pink tips. She blushed. "I honestly didn't even think you saw that. I have a couple more". She had the cutest lil tat on her ankle,with a butterfly drinking from a pink tulip. Faith was written across her inner left wrist. There was also a small purple dahlia on her back right shoulder. "I saw em. And they're sexy". She blushed and smiled at me. "I really love the way the roots wrap up your arm Jeff",she said running her hand up my arm. I loved it when she touched me. I tried not to scare her away as I put an arm around her and pulled her closer to me. "Ya know my ex also slept with my sister too,now that think about it". I was shocked to say the least. We were completely comfortable being in the hot tub together,just chilling and talking. "Wow,man that's really twisted". We laughed. "What'd you do"? She got serious. "I kicked their sorry naked asses out in a snowstorm and no shits were given". I cracked up. I could totally see her doing that too. When we finally stopped laughing,we grilled each other. "Favorite color",I asked her. Des responded,"Pink for sure. Followed by turquoise and black". She looked at me. "I'd have to say black". We laughed. "Obviously",she said. "Favorite food",I asked. "Oooh. Well let's see. I do love a great pizza. And tacos are soooo good too! I love seafood though". I smiled. "Me too man". We already had so much in common. "Favorite bands. Gimme your top five". "Okay so number five would have to be Led Zeppelin. Number four would be the Goo Goo Dolls Number three would have to be the Blue Man Group. Number two would be Matchbox Twenty. And number one would be a tie between Pearl Jam and PeroxwhyGen". I laughed. "Honey,I too love the Blue Man Group and Pearl Jam". She's so perfect for me. "Craziest thing you've ever done". She grinned. "Well I've done some pretty crazy stuff over the years. As a little girl I got a dare to ride my Barbie bike without my training wheels down an embankment and since I was completely fearless,I took the bet and messed myself up pretty good. Grass all over me,dirt smudged across my face and busted my knee on a rock". I smiled. "So impressive". She smiled. "Then there was a time me and my friend test rode a motorcycle. Such an exhilarating experience too. Or the time where I rode a dirt bike with another of my friends. And then there's the time where I was standing in the woods and all my friends went off in other directions and the one who was riding his bike I couldn't see him through the bushes I thought he was waving to me so naturally I waved back. His bike tire crashed into.my knee,busting it open and I went airborne and my head landed on a rock,knocking me out cold for like ten minutes."Well damn I'm glad you survived and are here with me right now. I broke my leg a few years ago during a failed dirt bike jump attempt and my brother Matt caught it all on film". She looked in my eyes. "I'm glad you're here with me too Jeff". She took my hand and we left the hot tub,opting to go lay in the bed in the loft area. "Hey Jeff"? I turned to her. "Yeah"? She hugged me close. ""I don't mind if you sleep naked Jeff",she said softly. I replied,"It won't bother you honey"? She shook her head no. "Okay then". I stripped my wet shorts off and hung them over the ac. Then I climbed into the bed. She hesitated. "Everything all right baby"? "Yeah. I was wondering if we could actually sleep naked together tonight. But I just don't want you to think I do this all the time. There's just something special about you that I can't explain. I just feel such a strong pull to be closer to you". "So then strip down and come cuddle me honey. I feel the same thing baby. And no I'd never think bad of you. So strip and come here". I opened my arms to her and after she took off her wet bikini she snuggled against me with her face on my chest and her arm wrapped around my waist. I encircled her tiny body with my arms and we fell right to sleep. I was listening to the incessant buzzing of my cell phone. It was a message from my jeweler and also another from my brother. The jeweler said he had finished it all up and had called Matt to pick it up. Matt's message said he had picked it up and was now heading to the airport with his wife Reby and the kiddos to come and bring it to me. How sweet.