031

tw: same as last chapter, self deprecating thoughts/imagery because this is set in reader's pov! reader is very sad in this chapter! please proceed with caution if this type of material is triggering for you. 

switches into levi's pov. made him ooc because i think that he would be a vv doting father (i think its a cute hc, take it or leave it<3)

--- 

the remaining scouts returned home safely and without any other interferences from the titans. you watched as your comrades scaled up the wall to drop down the box to haul the sick and injured from. you stood around aimlessly; your aunt, from what you heard, was resting at base due to her excessive burns and your uncle had his arm bitten off. naturally, you knew you also had to get treatment for your burns but you couldn't bring yourself to go. 

did you even deserve to get treated? compared to the other soldiers, who were either dead or close to it, your injuries weren't even that severe, that's what you believed. all of the people you saw, dead or alive, all risked their lives to save both you and eren. 

and what did you do? nothing. absolutely nothing. this wasn't the first time that you'd ever indirectly killed someone. 

you even left your own mother to her death; what kind of child does that? sure, you were young and you didn't know what else to do, but she died alone, didn't she? you don't have a lot of lasting memories with her--you were so young and you spent more time with your father anyway. you truly despised yourself for not even being there for your mother. 

your father tried to convince you that you were in fact there for your mother's death. but what does he know? he wasn't there. 

it was nightfall and you stared up at the sky, disassociating from the commotion of the screams and cries of the injured. so many people risked their lives for you, what kind of soldier does that to their comrades? what other talent did you have to offer to the scouts? 

the only reason why people really paid attention to you was because of your father. you were proud of him, like any daughter should be; he is humanities strongest soldier and the kindest father ever. but people never really saw you for the soldier you were. 

they only saw you as the daughter of the strongest man. to think that the corporal's daughter would cause this much trouble for so many people. 

were you even cut out to be a soldier? 

your thoughts were interrupted when you heard a shout behind you. you turned to look back and saw a familiar blonde girl was grabbing eren by his collar, standing up on her toes to talk to the taller boy. 

"we need to take back ymir!" you head krista yell, "if we don't hurry she'll get farther away!" you'd never heard krista yell before in your entire life, shivers ran down your spine, "you're strong, aren't you? do something about this!" 

it was her cries that made you realize something. you realized that she truly loved ymir, with all of her being. she and ymir were in love and your capture prevented them from ever being more than just close friends. 

this was the case for people other than krista and ymir. it was all of the scouts who died protecting you and eren. they all had someone to come back to, someone who was waiting for them, and you took their opportunity to go back home. 

you sighed a little to yourself. why were you like this? why did you cause so much trouble to such a large number of people? and once again, your head offered you way too many answers. 

"s-she said we would live for our own sakes... then she left me behind," krista started crying, "she chose those two.. over me?" she fell to the ground, "i'll never forgive her."