005

the next day we all got dressed up and headed out to see the scouting regiment off. i stood in the crowd of people next to eren and armin. i looked up and saw uncle erwin preparing his gear for the expedition. i came running to him and climbed his back, the way i used to when i was younger.

"helloooo uncle erwin." i smiled when he realized it was me. i climbed down and he turned around to give me a hug.

"(y/n)! are you here to see us off?"

i saluted him, "yes sir!" i laughed.

"(y/n)(y/n)(y/n)!!" aunt hanji came up and scooped me into a tight bear hug, "oh my gosh my little baby titan killer finally graduated!!"

when she set me down i said, "yes auntie, now i can come along with you and help you catch a titan. but father can't know about it."

"what can't i know about?" i froze and turned around to see my father, and even though he was much smaller than any other guy i knew, i felt oddly intimidated by it. i sighed in relief when he began laughing.

i came in and hugged me gently, just as he always had done with me as a child.

"how was training (y/n)?"

"it was really tough but i did really well!"

"levi, your daughter was first in her class! you should be proud of her and spoil the living hell out of her!" aunt hanji said as she winked at me. i laughed at her comment.

"shut up shitty glasses."

"she did give a good suggestion though," i said.

"i'll think about it and give you my answer later."

"father do you think i could accompany you and your expedition?" i asked.

"ask your uncle."

i looked over at uncle erwin and he smiled at me. he turned around and threw a green cape at me.

"consider yourself in the scouting regiment" he said.