Battle of Carne village part 1

*****
Somewhere in the outskirts of the fortress city of E-Rantel 50 riders rode on the horseback.

Each one of them had a look worthy of being called a soldier. One of them was particularly eye-catching.

a man riding a warhorse at the very front of the formation. He was their leader. He was a man in his 30s. He had sunbathed due to long time exposed to the sun, face with noticeable wrinkles, muscular body, short trimmed hair and beard and eyes as sharp as short.

A man beside him said:

"Warriors-captain we almost get into the first village on our search mission"

"That right Vice-captain"

Gazef Stronoff the famous warrior-captain who held the title of the strongest warrior in the Re-Eztize kingdom.

According to the map -the special military map with slightly more accurate information than the average map use by Merchant and other travelers bunch.- the village was near about 15 minutes ride from Gazef's current location.

He tried to keep calm breathing but unease crept to his heart. He kept the horse at a steady pace but the accumulated fatigue from the long journey from royal capital almost make it impossible.

King Ramposa III has ordered Gazef. "The Imperial Knights has been spotted inside our border, verify this report search & destroy them."

Under normal circumstances sending troops from E-Rantel was the more sensible option. But Imperial Knight was much stronger and well equipped than the average kingdom soldiers. Sending troops from E-Rantel would only end up in the one-sided slaughter of kingdom soldiers. The only unit capable of accomplishing this mission was Gazef and his warrior-band. However, entrusting the entire mission to them was too dangerous.

And besides sending troops from E-Rantel would be impossible. Gazef knew the reason very well.

The kingdom political elites namely the noble have been split into two factions the noble faction & the royal faction.

Since Gazef is directly subordinate to the king he naturally belongs to the royal faction. That why the noble factions tried to hinder Gazef as much as possible.

That being said the royal faction was no better. Since Gazef originally a commoner royal faction fiercely opposed that Gazef gets to be so close to the king. Originally the king wanted to make Gazef a royal Knight-The king personal guard- but everyone on royal Knight must be of noble birth- usually, the second or third son who would not inherit their families estate-. That why the king created a warrior-band grub directly loyal to Gazef & the king.

In the middle of all this, there is one man who flings between factions like a bat. Snakes like a man who gazef despise the most.

Just thinking about it makes Gazef stomach ache. He must be the one who got it the worst.

-No, the king must go it even worse.

The factional split between nobles was due to the previous king in action. Although king Ramposa III tried his hardest to fix the problem plaguing the Re-Eztise kingdom. Trying to erase the accumulated sins of previous generations is nigh impossible to finish in one generation.

"Warrior-captain just having us search for Imperial knight is useless. Couldn't we bring everyone from warrior-band and E-Rantel Garrison with us?. Also, why don't we hired adventures?.

"Enough of that vice-captain if the words of Imperial Knight running loose in kingdom territory got out it will cause a whole mountain of problems."

"Ah since nobody else is here you don't have to stand the ceremony captain," the vice-captain said with a wicked smile on his face. "Was it those nobles?"