The Meeting Of The Two Warriors

Chapter 10: Meeting Of The Two Warrior.

A group of horsemen arrives at the Carne village. The person leading them was a muscular man with tan skin from the sun.

They don't have uniform equipment Some of them wore helmets, while some went bareheaded, some wear metal plate armor some wear chainmail. The only,
thing they had in common was that they each showed their faces. All of them had swords of similar make, but apart from that, they also carried bows, javelins, maces, and other backup weapons.

One could say that they looked like a hardened veteran of the battlefield or in the less polite way they are a ragtag group of the sellsword

They are different from the Knight before. From their equipment and their uniforms. They probably also have different attitudes towards the village as well.

They probably the kingdom troops sent by their Lords to investigate the disturbance. But their numbers were too small to fight the Knight on their own.

Perhaps they were scout units sent forward by its main body or their numbers are dwindling because they decided to help out other villages along the way. Assuming the latter was true this was probably what the Knight aiming for. So there must be something or someone of importance in their unit.

Touch Me - Ainz - doesn't sense a killing intent from them although they are quite tense.

They seem to be wary of Ainz and his entourage. They formed up neatly in front of Ainz.

One man who seems to be the leader of the horseman dismounted his horse and walked forward.

"I am the warrior-captain of the Re-Eztize kingdom Gazef Stronoff and these men are my subordinates from the warrior band. We are here to hunt down the Knight that has been causing disturbance around here."

His voice is as clear as the wind around the plains. It also carries a hint of power within it. He is probably someone Ainz should be wary of and also he probably the target of the Knight.

"Who is this man?." Ainz asks quietly at the village chief.

"Warriors Captain is a leader of an elite troop of the kingdom. He won the martial arts tournament held before the king and he is the strongest warrior in the kingdom. That the story I heard from the merchant that visited the village."

He is definitely someone to be wary of. I must find a way to avoid any troubles with them for now.

"Then may I know your name?."

"I am Ainz Ooal Gown master of Albedo & Bigiennik. When I saw this village is in trouble I stepped in to help them."

Gazef turned to the chief and ask.

"You seem to be a chief of this village. Are what this man said is true?."

After getting a confirmation from the chief. He walked towards Ainz.

His sharp eyes look briefly on the chief before continuing towards Bigiennik & Albedo. Then finally his eyes rested on Ainz.

"Thank you Gown-dono for saving this village. "

Gazef bowed his head towards Ainz. He seems to be genuinely thankful towards him. Seeing this Ainz felt somewhat happy. Being a government employee himself he felt a kinship towards Gazef.

Ainz - Haise - really wanted to see his country getting better. But reality hit him in the head times and times again. He knew Gazef feeling very well. He too hopes for some powerful being to get rid of oppression in his country. His affection-meter. - terms usually used by one of his comrades peroroncino - of gazef gauge up to maximum level.