"Ten Companions."

When I wake up, I find all my worries have dispersed. I smile, remembering Legolas' hands over mine.
He’s turning out to be a good friend.
That’s all.
Gently, I draw back the covers, and stand-up walking carefully to the bathroom as Beririel enters the room. My leg still hurt from time to time, but at least it was subsiding. "Morning, my lady Raina."
At this point, I had given up in trying to get Beririel to call me just Raina. It seemed ingrained in her to call everyone a lady, whether they deserved it or not.
"Good morning Beririel." I smile as she sets a breakfast tray down.
"I take it were not dining in the hall this morning."
"No. Lord Elrond has been making preparations for the secret council. "
I nod understandingly.
"Would you like me to help you my lady?"
"No Beririel. Lae fael..." I say unsurely. She giggled
"Yes my lady." And left.

For some reason or the other, I took my time in the bath today. I scrubbed my skin raw, which now that I’m thinking about it, wasn’t the best choice without Vaseline to soothe it. My chest and neck area were slightly tainted a reddish pink when I left the bathroom.
It soon calmed down though. My hand glided across the dress Beririel had left on my bed. A soft bodice, with silver swirls, and elegant waves that reach down to the floor. I tried my best to clean my trainers as much as possible, scrubbing the dirt off with a wet tissue. My hand glided to my fanny pack, wondering if this occasion was special enough.

Hey. It was the forming of the Fellowship.
I turned the fanny pack over, undid the zip, and took out the only thing that ever meant something to me.
My mother’s necklace.
My father had given it to her as a wedding gift. It was silver, with a small orchid and a tiny pale golden gem in the middle where the pollen is.
I was about to put it on when a soft knock sounded at my door.
"Coming!" I called. The door opened to reveal Arwen.
"Mae govannen. Raina." She smiles
"Morning Arwen."
She enters the room silently and smiles.
“Do you mind?” I ask her, holding out my hand.
“Sure.” I turn around, and Arwen attaches the necklace. I sigh as I feel the weight upon my chest. It just feels right.
“Who gave you this? Its beautiful.”
I smile at her, fingering the orchid and turn around.
“My mother. It’s one if the only things I have left to remind me of her.”
Arwen nods understandingly. I sigh, and face the looking glass.
"So," she says, resting her chin on my shoulder "How do you feel? Are you nervous?"

I think about Legolas and feel nervous. Why am I nervous? Nobody’s gonna judge me.
"Naked." I breath
"Naked?" She laughs "You look beautiful. Like a true elf of Rivendell."
I look over myself, still not convinced.
"Really?"
She looks me in the eyes
"Truly."

After a short breakfast, it's time. My stomach seems to tighten with every step. I grip Arwen's arm uncomfortably. All I can see is Legolas and it's all I want to avoid right now. ‘He's not the only person there, Rains,’ I tell myself ‘There are others, besides no distractions! You aren’t here for Leggy.’
"Raina," Arwen whispered softly. We've reached the edge of the pillars. From here I can see the circle of familiar wooden chairs, all surrounding the short stone pillar in the middle. After these steps, I'm on my own.
"You'll be fine. Av-'osto."
Arwen kissed my head and then departed.

I'm left, dangling my foot over one step. If I go forth, I'll have Legolas' eyes on me, but if I stay, I'll pass on the opportunity of a lifetime - the forming of the fellowship. I shake my head. It's not worth it.
Not that he would be watching me. Why would I think of that?
"Shh!" A harsh voice whispers.
I whip round, but then remember. Merry and Pippin. I grin cheekily.

Well. Here. Goes. Nothing.
Chapter.
I took it step by step, eyes locked on the floor, hands scrunched onto my dress. Upon my arrival, I noticed elves, men and dwarves alike, meandering around.

As soon as I stepped into the circle, I could feel his eyes on me. Mine themselves strayed, and my palms grew sweaty as I concentrated on keeping them from looking up.
When I finally meet his eyes, I see his them icy blue and flashing in the light. I can see his long grey cloak, trailing to the floor by his boots, faultless hair, braided back neatly. For a moment, I’m frozen in time.
Discussions go on around us, but all I can see is him. My friend...that is. Friend. I nod.
Aragorn brings me out of my current state.
“Raina?”
I turn around, slightly embarrassed. "I think that Frodo is calling you to sit with him."
I look past Legolas. So he is. I smiled at Frodo and nodded.