16; Wrath of the waterbender

I rubbed my eyes as Cheif Arnook stared down at all four of us this early morning, elders of the tribe behind him as Yue and the geezer who started this sat at his sides. I didn't sleep at all, not after seeing that vision or nightmare. It had to be, Zuko wouldn't die from that, he's just too strong. I kept telling myself as the pit in my stomach began twisting uncomfortably. Zuko is fine, probably right on our trail by now.

"What do you want me to do? Force Master Pakku to take Aang back as his student?" Cheif Arnook asked, as he raised an eyebrow towards us but mostly staring down Katara, the one who apparently started all this because she wanted to learn how to water bend properly.

"Yes!...please." Katara said.

"I suspect he might change his mind if you swallow your pride and apologize to him." Cheif Arnook suggested and my eyes snapped to him, and my lips parted a bit. He did not just suggest to her about apologizing to a grown man. A noise of disagreement was scratching at the back of my throat and Katara glared at the leaders, it softens as she looked at Aang. "Fine."

"I'm waiting little girl." Master Pakku taunted with a smug smile. I saw in the corner of my eye that Katara's fist was shaking as my hands started to warm up. She didn't deserve this because she was born a different gender, that her only flaw was being a female. I took a deep breath and glared, "No. She doesn't have anything to say to you. In fact, you're in the wrong!"

"Boy, hush your mouth, let the girl apologize properly."

"He's right though!" Katara spoke up, as she tightens her hands, "No way am I going to apologize to a sour old man like you!" She shouts as the icey ground breaks under her and the pots holding water break. 

"Uh, Katara?" Aang tries to intervene. 

"We'll be outside for you to fight her, don't keep us waiting long." I snapped, as I and Katara turn around and out of the hut. Not before she added her, "If you're man enough to fight me," causing an uproar of gasps and mummers of horror about Katara.

We walked towards the courtyard of the conference hut. I heard Sokka and Aang hurry after us, and Katara pacing forwards, she began removing her gloves and her fluffy blue coat. "Are you crazy Katara? You're not gonna win this fight." Sokka began, as Katara throws her coat at him. "I know! and I don't care!" Aang looked nervous and worried as he added, " You don't have to do this for me, I can find another teacher."

"She's not doing it for you, Aang," I quickly said as we stopped at the bottom of the stairs. "She's pissed and angry because she can't use her bending in battle because she's a girl or learns anything else other than healing. It's the reason why the population of women in the tribe went down. They're killed without any remorse since they're "easy"."

"Righ. Someone needs to slap some sense into that guy." Katara agreed as we reached more open and sparing land for the fight. People gathered as they heard Katara, and soon Master Pakku walked down and passed us. "Aren't you gonna fight?" Katara questions loudly.