11; We have to suck some toads

I winced when Sokka coughs loudly and when Katara sniffled beside me. Sokka had caught a cold from the stormy weather the other day. So far, it had been coughing, sneezing and a fever but it had elevated to delusions about things and Sokka saying weird things. While Katara on the other hand was weak, and sniffed here and there. I didn't catch a cold, and Aang wasn't feeling sick either but it had to be in a matter of time.

" Here, this might bring down the fever." I said, putting the semi-wet rag on Sokka's forehead, feeling how hot he was under my finger tips. He stared up at me blankly before a smile cracking on his lips, " You know what I love about Appa the most?" He said, as I raised an eyebrow, " His sense of humor." Appa tilts his head at the mention of his name and his deep brown eyes focused on us.

" That's nice. I like that about him too." I replied as Sokka grins happily at me. Appa groans and Sokka giggled, " Haha, classic Appa."

" Ugh.." Katara groans beside me, I quickly shift to look at her as she lays against Appa as well. I could see sweat drip down her forehead and her eyes a bit glazed as she stared at me. " What? I'm fine, don't worry about me." She said, trying to get off Appa's leg but couldn't, she tried again but she was too weak and laid against the large animal. " Or not.."

" You're sick too," I said, as I laid her down, and pulled my jacket off myself, the long winter one and wrapped it up before putting it under her head to rest on top of it." Katara, just rest, I got you two for now." I said, she watched with a frown but made no movement to get up again. Sliding down onto the floor, I began soaking another piece of cloth for Katara's forehead.

" How are they?" I nearly drop the cloth and glanced to Aang who walked over cautiously. " Honestly? Sokka isn't doing too good, and Katara might have just caught it from him. Being out from that storm really did a number on them." I said, ringing out the cloth just a bit and turn towards Aang. " Did you find the ginger root for the tea?" He had left this morning to find ginger roots for a tea that we used at the South pole, it would help us after big hunting trips in winter storms and most of the men would come back sicker than a wolf.

" Nope." Aang said, before pulling out a folded up piece of paper. " But I did bring a map. There's an herbalist institute on the top of that mountain. We could probably find a cure for Sokka and Katara there." Aang said as he rolled out the map on the ground. I shook my head, the two were not in great condition to travel without the risk of being captured easily or them getting worst.

" Aang, sorry to break it to you, but they can't leave without the risk of getting sicker." I said, making my way onto Appa's leg once more and pressed the cloth against Katara's forehead and felt over it. Warm, that's not good but at least her body is fighting it off..

" Yeah, I think we'll be better by tomorrow.." Katara said, giving a smile to Aang until she began coughing, I moved back a bit and Katara covered the bottom of her face with her hand as she coughs. Yup, she'll soon see and say dumb things like Sokka.

" That's how Sokka started out yesterday!" Aang pointed out, staring at Katara worridly, his gaze changed to Sokka. " Now look at him! He thinks he's an earthbender!" I turn to Sokka who sat up in his sleeping bag, swinging his hands a bit.

" Take that you rock!"

I shake my head, lightly pushing the non-bender down with my hand and Sokka groans at the touch, before I could remove my hand, he snuggles against it with a happy hum. I turn to face Aang who watched Sokka snuggle against my hand with his innocent face. " Maybe you should head to the Herbalist, I can watch them until you get back." I said, watching Aang who picks up his staff to use on his way out. " Please be careful, you never know what's or whos lurking around."