07; Kya's necklace

" It looks beautiful on you." Iroh said, watching from behind me, a smile on his lips as I turn towards him with my mother's engagement necklace on. " Though, you would look better if you smile." I tried to give the older man one but I couldn't, the thoughts of my mother being a fire nation admiral was very, very new to me. Not to mention I had to fight her along with Aang because she was crazy or just as evil as Fire Lord Ozai. " Chin up, maybe you can watch me play a game of Pai Sho? I could teach you if you want." He offered and I shake my head. 

" Iroh, I-I want to thank you for giving me this necklace." I said, trying to keep my emotions in check but it wasn't working too well. " I never knew that you knew both of my parents."

" I knew your father when he was working in the fire nation colonies in villages. He was the nicest man there was, a wonderful healer. I just couldn't believe your sitting right here as a young man. Zuko is lucky to have you as his friend, you come from a good man." I only smiled a bit, despite the memory of anger on his face. He was so very angry with me, then the guy saved me before I could jump off the ship to save Sokka. He's so weird. I thought with a sigh.

" Come on, we should go above, it's dinner time!" Iroh said with a large smile and rubbed his large stomach. " I heard they were making turtleduck tonight, it's been so long since I had any." The older man sighs. I couldn't help but chuckle just a bit, How could this silly old man be the Harsh Dragon of the West? I've read and listen to his stories but so far, I'm not intimidated like others were.

We walked upstairs to the dinner room of the ship, a table in the middle of the room with a steaming tea set sat on the table. I could tell it was jasmine and it made me a bit happy, since I've came here on the ship my appreciation for tea has grown. Especially nice sweet ones that Iroh gets from markets every time they port. " Jasmine, my new favorite." I said as I sat down, and looked at the tea, Iroh sitting in front of me with a smile. I moved sitting our cups right side up and began pouring the tea slowly, making sure to keep it from over filling the cups. 

" New favorite? What was the original?" Iroh asked, as he picked up the cup and blew on it before sipping the hot liquid. 

" We don't have a lot of tea in the South pole, if anything, we're lucky that Hakoda sends us any. My favorite he use to send was ginger." I said, a smile coming to his face a bit. " He tries to get the good ones then the ones that taste sour or bland for us to consume. I usually drink water that we dilute most of the time. " I sipped my own tea humming as the taste went down my throat, though, I almost choked when the door of the dinning area was slammed opened, I turn to see Zuko with a deep scowl on his face and sat down beside Iroh.