08; Jet isn't cute

I hummed, walking around and following the newest pet that Katara, Sokka and Aang brought back from some air temple while I was away with Zuko

I hummed, walking around and following the newest pet that Katara, Sokka and Aang brought back from some air temple while I was away with Zuko. Zuko, that darn hothead had been on my mind but I also wondered if he was angry with me, for leaving with the Avatar. It was bound to happened, it was more sooner than later. I shake my head a bit, I did let my thoughts wonder to him but it had to focus on Aang now too. After they filled me in, it was decided that we take Aang to the North pole for a waterbending teacher.

Now, we were somewhere near the fire nation, around the forest areas that use to be an Earth kingdom area until the Fire nation took over most of it. We were just savaging food for the next few days. Or at least Momo and I were. My eyes glanced around before gasping happily as I saw a nice little bundle of berries on the floor. " Momo! Look!" I walked to it about to pick them up, but as soon as Momo landed in front of me, a trap shot upwards capturing me and Momo, the trap hung us in the air making me gasp a bit, holding onto the handle bars a bit.

" I should've seen that coming," I muttered and looked to the two animals beside us crying too, trying to get out. I felt my cheeks heat up a bit, the first time I've been off the ship and into actual forest, I get caught in a animal trap. " This is so embarrassing."

Momo squished beside me, he looked out the bars and began screeching, probably for help. His was much louder than the other animals. After a few minutes, I saw a spot of orange and two blues and I smile a bit. " Guys? A little help?" I called to them as Aang began climbing towards us, using a bit of Airbending. " Thanks Aang." I said as he moved the cage down to the floor, Katara and Sokka opens the cage, Momo zips off with a berry and I stumbled out onto the floor.

" Ugh, why are you always caught in traps or taken prisoner?" Sokka groans and I shrug as I stood up. " It's a gift and a curse." The animals above us began groaning and whinning wanting to be set free as well. " All right, you two." Aang said zipping off, I moved to Sokka grasping Boomerang, " This is gonna take forever." Sokka groans as I launched Boomerang into the air, the weapon cutting the cages free and they land on the floor. The animals didn't seem hurt so it was worth it. Sokka caught Boomerang and put it back.

Sokka looked at the traps as I strectched my arms a bit from being in a cramp cage. " These are Fire Nation traps, you can tell from the metalwork." Sokka said, his thumb lightly brushing over the metal.

" That means we have to pack up." I said, as they looked at me, " They can't be that far away. It's a lot safer if we leave now." They kept staring at me and I took a step back a bit, " What?" I asked, eyeing them as they eyed me back.

" You're hair..it's..down." Sokka said and I touched my hair and panicked a bit seeing my hair was indeed out and flowing around me. " Your bandage ties must've came off when you went up."

" Oh, great." I sigh, I hated my hair down unless I was showering. " This is just great."

" I think you look pretty." Aang said, trying to make me happy or smile, " I-I mean if you want to be called pretty then You're pretty! No offence."