10; The Storm and A missing necklace

I gasped when something landed on my stomach, thinking it was a Fire Bender who stepped on me, I smacked the first thing next to me. " OW! Mirza!" Sokka's exclaim made me finally blink my eyes open only to see it was Sokka who was smacked. He rubbed his cheek, shooting me a glare. " What was that for?" He whines, lowering his boomerang that was in his grasp. " Sorry." I muttered back, seeing Momo onto of Appa, alert. He must've been the thing. " What happened that made Momo jump on us?" I asked, rubbing my eyes from sleep.

" It's nothing." Aang said, glancing at us before looking at the sand. " I just had a bad dream." He turns on his side, curling up almost into a ball. " Go back to sleep."

" You don't have to tell me twice." Sokka hummed, snuggling into his sleeping bag. I watched Aang from my spot, a bit worried. Maybe something personal that he didn't want to share. Katara seemed to be just as worried, asking softly, " Are you all right, Aang?" 

" I'm okay." Aang replied quickly, not looking at her. 

" You seem to be having a lot of nightmares lately." She added, I watched them, agreeing along with her. Aang would jolt out of sleep, gasping for air like he was losing it while in a deep sleep. He would deny that anything was wrong and go back to bed like it was nothing at all, it began to worry me too. Too bad that I didn't have tea on me for him to drink and relax. 

" I think I just need some rest." Aang said, trying to avoid the conversation. 

" You guys want to hear about my dream?" Sokka asked, perking up from his sleeping bag.  I nudged him roughly and he stuck his tongue at me. " I didn't want to talk about it anyway." He huffed childishly before laying back in his sleeping bag. Katara stared at Aang for a moment before laying back in her own, eyes slowly closely. I still sat up in my sleeping bag, watching Aang for a moment before saying, " I'm here ya know, if you want to talk about it. I know I haven't been around you from the beginning but if..there's anything you need to get off your chest..then I'm here for ya. I'm you're friend too Aang." 

He didn't even make a peep, I take it as a sign to leave him alone. Slowly, I laid back in my sleeping bag and shut my eyes. 

He'll be okay, he'll talk to us when he's ready.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, everything returned to normal, as if nothing happened last night. I helped with Katara to fold our campsite, washing some clothes and had Aang blow-dry them with his airbending to speed things up. Once they were dried, I began folding the clothes with Katara packing them away neatly. 

" Look at those clear skies, Buddy!" Aang pets the top of Appa's head with a smile before looking to the sky. " Should be some smooth flying." I folded the last of Sokka's shirt just as Katara checked the bag for our food, nothing. " Well, we'd better smoothly fly ourselves to a market., because we're out of food." She said as she climbed onto Appa's tail that lifted her up to the saddle.

" Yeah, the taste of day old bread is getting, old." I said, throwing the pack up to Sokka, he catches it and began tying it down.