Prologue

I recommend playing the music 😉

Kunar Province, Afghanistan

🎶Back in black, I hit the sack🎶

🎶Ive been too long Im glad to be back🎶

🎶Yes, I'm let loose, from the noose that's kept me hanging around🎶

🎶I've been looking at the sky, and its gettin' me high🎶

🎶Forget the hearse 'cause I never die🎶

"I feel like you're driving me to a court-martial, this is crazy. What did I do? I feel like you're going to pull me over and snuff me." A man in a pristine, expensive suit, and sunglasses speaks up. This man is none other than Tony Stark, one of the worlds most brilliant minds. He takes a sip of out of a glass that, probably, has some sort of alcohol in it. "What, you're not allowed to talk? Hey, Forest!" He sits in a military vehicle with three American soldiers, trying to start up some sort of conversation. Tony turns to the soldier sitting next to him.

"We can talk, sir." The man replies.

"Oh, I see. So it's personal?" Tony remarks, looking out the window and shaking his drink.

"No, you intimidate them." A female voice speaks up from the front of the vehicle. The driver.

"Good God, you're a women." Stark looks to the women up front in surprise. "I honestly... I couldn't have called that." The soldiers keep a straight face, looking forward at the dirt road ahead of them. "I mean, I'd apologize, but isn't that what we're going for here?" Tony looks back over to the soldier next to him, then back to the women driving, and continues to speak his thoughts out loud. "I thought of you as a soldier first."

"I'm an airman." The girl reveals.

"You have, actually, excellent bone structure, there. I'm kind of... having a hard time not looking at you now. Is that weird?" At this the group of soldiers laugh, trying to remain serious. "Come on, it's okay, laugh!" As the female driver and the soldier sitting next to Tony continue to laugh, the third soldier from the passengers seat up front turns around.

"Sir, I have a question to ask." The soldier looks back to Tony, and Tony looks up to the man, stifling his own laughter.

"Yes, please." he shakes his drink a bit.

"Is it true you went 12 for 12 with last year's Maxim cover models?"

"That is an excellent question." Tony takes off his sunglasses and explains. "Yes and no. March and I had a scheduling conflict, but fortunately, the Christmas cover was twins." The soldiers let out a couple laughs. "Anything else."

The soldier next to Tony, raises his hand. "You're kidding me with the hand up, right?"

"Is it cool if I take a picture with you?"

"Yes. It's very cool." The soldier smiles and reaches into his uniforms pouch. He takes out a camera and hands it to his fellow soldier up front. Tony leans in next to the young, ready to take the photo.

"I don't want to see this on your MySpace page." Tony jokes. The soldiers puts up a peace sign as a pose for the photo, Tony look down at his hand. "Please, no gang signs." the man puts his hand back down with a small frown. Tony turns to look at him again, "No, throw it up. I'm kidding." The soldier puts the peace sign back up and smiles. "Yeah, peace. I love peace. Without peace, I'd be out of a job." the rest of the soldiers let out soft laughter.

The soldier posing with Tony, and the soldier up front start to bicker a little on how to take the photo. As this is going on, an explosion goes off under the vehicle in front of them. The group lets out a couple screams trying to get everything back under control. Tony looks to his protectors and asks what's going on. He gets left unanswered as the soldiers grab their guns and leave the vehicle one bye one. The girl who was driving the car, gets out first on to get shot down. Tony sits in the back, shocked.

"Jimmy! Stay with Stark!" The soldier in the front yells to the young man sitting with Tony. The soldier, now known as Jimmy, tells Tony to stay down. As the soldier that was originally sitting up front gets out of the vehicle, he's shot. Jimmy is struggling to get his gun loaded.

"Son of a Bitch!" Jimmy loads his gun and starts to get out of the car.

"Wait, wait, wait! Give me a gun!" Tony yells out, but Jimmy already closed the door, ordering Stark to stay where he is. But as he leaves the vehicle, another bomb goes off, killing Jimmy and leaving Tony in shock.

Tony's hearing is temporarily blown, and all he hears is the sound of ringing. In reaction, Tony shakily gets out of the car, letting out a few screams himself as other bombs and bullets go by. He runs for cover behind a rock. And lays there hoping for help. He pulls out his phone and starts to dial a number as quickly as he possibly could, but before he could finish a missile lands right beside him with a count down. He looks at the missile soon to realize that the missile was created by his own company. Stark Industries. He's too in shock to move in time, and the missile goes off. Tony is blown away, and lands on his back. He thinks everything is fine, but when he looks down at his chest, blood appears on his shirt. In response he rips open his shirt only to see that pieces of shrapnel made it threw his bullet proof vest and into his heart. He falls back, and passes out.

Tony later wakes up after a bag is ripped off his head. He is in a room filled with soldiers, but they aren't American. They seem to be soldiers from a terrorist group. A man is speaking an unknown language, probably speaking about demands, but Tony can't understand. He looks around in fear and sees that he is being video taped.

Tony can only hope that he makes it out alive.

____________________________________________

Hiiii,

This is the first chapter, to my new fan fiction. Don't worry the story is only beginning, you'll be able to meet Stephanie in the next chapter. Remember, if you have any suggestions please don't be afraid to let me know, I'm still trying to get better at all of this.

Also, Merry Christmas! Today is actually the day after Christmas, and obviously I don't know when you guys are reading this but I just thought it would be nice lol. Okay! Bye everyone, I hope you all are eating and drinking. Have a wonderful day!

-Peyty