Chapter seven

Before you read, just wanted to let you guys know that I did skip a couple of scenes that were in the movie, mostly because I honestly didn't know how to write them. Basically in the movie, Tony goes to an Army base and talks to Rhodes, then he goes back home and starts to build the newest Iron Man suit.  Now I could write these moments but I did start the fan-fic, specifically to focus on Stephanie and her relationship with Tony, during everything that's going on of course. Now those scenes had nothing to do with their relationship, so I'm skipping ahead a bit.

Also those scene don't really have anything to do with the main plot of the story, they were basically filler scenes. This chapter actually starts with Stephanie helping Tony build the suit a little bit after he begins the project, so I didn't skip a lot. 

If you have a problem with this let me know and I will gladly make some changes. Thank you! Enjoy!

__________________________________________

"Okay, let's do this right." Stephanie heard from the top of the staircase. She was bored and felt like bothering Tony for her own amusement. He was down in his lab, and has been for the past couple days, probably working on some secret project. According to Pepper, Tony's workshop was completely off limits to Stephanie, since she could get hurt down there, but Stephanie didn't really care. Tony's workshop was like her own little playground.

Anyway, she was on her way down there when Tony started speaking, she had luckily managed to sneak past the locked door leading down to the workshop. She had her own sneaky little way to get down there. When she got to the bottom of the staircase, she put in the code that Pepper always used to get into the room and quickly snuck in. It looked like Tony was busy doing something stupid. 

He had his two robot dummy's helping him out. One had a camera, and the other... well Stephanie didn't know what the other was doing. Tony had on these big metal boots that were honestly quite loud and annoying, he was speaking instructions out load, probably to Jarvis or something. Tony then let out a large breath and turned to the robot dummy behind him. Stephanie quickly ducked out of the way. 

"Dummy, look alive. You're on standby for fire safety." Tony then turned to the second dummy in front of him. "You, roll it."

'Fire safety? What could this idiot possibly be doing now that he would be needing fire safety?' Steph's eyebrows were furrowed in confusion. If he lights this house on fire, she's calling child services. 

"Okay. Activate hand controls." Tony was standing on a platform with his knees slightly bent and his hand out in front of him. She was holding what Stephanie believed to be the 'hand controls'. "We're gonna start off nice and easy. We're gonna see if 10% thrust capacity achieves lift." he started to count down. "And three...... two...... one."

Oh he lifted all right. Tony literally flew backwards in the the slanted ceiling about him. Stephanie could help but burst out laughing. What did he expect was gonna happen. After he crumbled to the ground, the dummy working fire safety sprayed Tony with a fire extinguisher for at least 1 minute. Tony didn't seem to hear Stephanie laughing so he got back up and started to fix whatever was wrong with the boots. Stephanie sat back in the corner of the room silently watching. 

For a while Tony was typing on a computer, then her was working and moving stuff around in hologram form, which was so cool in Stephanie's mind. He was literally able to stick his hand into what looked like a holographic arm case... thing, and movie it around. That's sick. 

____________

After a while of working, Tony was able to make his hologram come to life. He was testing out of the arm of the suit fit on his actual arm. While doing so he didn't see Stephanie, who was now asleep in the far side of the room on a spinny chair, or Pepper who was now walking down the staircase to the room until she started typing her code in.