10

"Unless you made reservations!"

Atlas sprawled out on the hotel bed staring at the ceiling. At least, she thought to herself, she wouldn't have to be cramped on the bus with Sarah and her fiance for the next few nights.

She wouldn't show it, but she was hurt, or angry or both, she wasn't sure yet. It was pretty typical for Atlas though, generally women didn't look at her as girlfriend material she was more of a fun one time hook up that they could brag to their friends about. And normally she was sort of okay with that.

"So I've been trying to find a good ENT but no luck yet." Julie sounded panicked which was strange for her. Atlas almost forgot that she was actually in pain, her throat hurt even more as the hours passed. Tour always did a number on her vocal chords and her little adulterous adventure with Sarah the night before probably didnt help either.

"Julie!" Sarah called, walking into the hotel room, "you couldn't have called me sooner?"

That was Atlas' fault technically, she'd been convincing Julie to leave Sarah have the day with her fiance everytime the assistant tried calling her for help. Atlas just didnt feel like dealing with Sarah at all.

"I'm sorry, I just wanted you to enjoy the day exploring the city with Danielle. Did her flight make it in on time by the way?"

"Jesus Julie," Sarah exasperated, "we have 2 sold out shows in a row tomorrow and Wednesday and you didn't think the artist having vocal issues is big deal?"

Atlas grimaced at the tone of Sarah's voice. She was clearly upset about something other than just being out of the loop for a couple hours.

"Here, call Dr Ludwig, see if he'll come in for a consultation and make sure he knows it's an emergency, tell him you'll be waiting for him in the lobby."

Julie just nodded leaving the room as fast as possible.

Atlas felt the bed dip beside her.

"Are you okay?" Her tone was softer now, almost weary.

"Peachy."

"So, uh we should talk..."

Atlas sat up, she raised her eyebrows, "what? About the fact that you're engaged?"

Sarah visibly tensed up, "Atlas I–"

"–you really dont have to explain yourself to me," Atlas shrugged, "I'm gonna take a nap until the doctor comes." She quickly layed back down, closing her eyes she tried her best to ignore Sarah's presence.

The doctor woke her from her nap, he hovered by the bed, while Sarah explained the situation. Atlas sat up and gave the doctor an awkward smile. He started the exam, being as careful as possible.

"Your vocal chords are inflamed," he noted taking off his gloves, "it might hurt but can you try singing a c3 or anything higher?"

Atlas nodded and tried singing the note she normally hit with ease, but her voice cracked and her throat burned.

The doctor hummed as if he was expecting it. He turned towards Sarah, "any chance of cancelling tomorrows concert?"

"Not unless I want to lose my job."

The doctor then gave her a prescription and set up an appointment for the next day. He also make it clear to Sarah that Atlas had to be on vocal rest, she wasn't even supposed to talk.

Sarah chuckled, "Atlas being quiet for a whole day? A dream come true."

"You're not funny," Atlas said softly.

The doctor frowned holding up his hand, "not one word I'm serious."

Sarah quickly thanked him and there two were alone once more. The older woman nervously stood by the edge of the bed, while Atlas stared at her with an unreadable expression.

"Look, I didn't tell you about Danielle because things a–" Sarah was cut off by a knock on the door.

She sighed in frustration, "come in!"

Julie walked in with a taller woman trailing behind her. The woman in question walked up to Sarah with a smile placing a kiss on her cheek.

Danielle. Great, Atlas thought to herself, shes gorgeous.

"Honey, I came to see if I could steal you away for dinner?"

Sarah gave a tense smile, "I'm still working."

Atlas scoffed to herself. Danielle turned to the younger woman, "you're Atlas Grey, its great to meet you," Danielle tilted her head, "you look different to how I pictured."

Sarah cleared her throat, "uh, shes not allowed to talk hun, vocal rest."

Atlas plastered on a fake smile ignoring Sarah, "it's great meeting you too, Sarah told me so much about you," she looked over at Sarah, "you know Sarah you should take your fiance to dinner, I'll be fine, plus I have Julie here."

Sarah turned to Julie, "I'll stop by later tonight to check on her. Make sure she stops talking."

With that she quickly grabbed Danielle's hand and lead her out the room.

How are we feeling about the little tention? It was fun writing this chapter. Thank you for reading :) let me know your thoughts.