Flashing Lights

Chapter 7

Once Snape was gone, Tao waited five minutes until she exited the dark classroom. Luckily there were no students in the hallway, finding it pleasantly devoid of any life. She thought about going to her dorm to put on a new set of clothes and maybe freshen up but decided against it. She had to check up on the twins and see how their plan worked out.

The Slytherin walked through the castle up to the Gryffindor common room feeling somewhat smug. Not only did she just have the most amazing sex (with her professor nonetheless) but could also provide help to her sneaky friends. Arriving in front of the portrait of the Fat Lady, she gave her the password. Knowing it was quite practical and so far no-one had ratted them out.

As she stepped over the threshold and into the red common room, Tao's gaze fell onto a few classmates of hers who were sitting at a table playing chess. At this point most Gryffindors knew about her coming in as if she was one of their housemates and nobody cared. They liked her for talking back to other Slytherins, disregarding the fact that it was her own house. She waved at them and then saw the twins and her other friends sitting on and around a couch in front of the fireplace. Quickly she flattened her hair with her hand again, just to make sure she didn't look like like she just got fucked.

"Tell me you got it," Tao whisper-yelled excitedly as she plopped herself down on the ground next to Ron. It wasn't as if it would've been for nothing if they hadn't been able to steal the potion (after all, she got to know Severus much better) but naturally she wanted them to succeed. Without it the upcoming party wouldn't be as fun.

A wide grin spread on Fred's face. His hand went into his pocket, pulling out a small green vile, shaking it so that the liquid made a sound. "Of course we got it, we're us!"

From Tao's other side came a huff. She turned her head to look at Hermione who was staring at the twins in return, her eyebrows raised judgingly. "Without her you wouldn't have been able to extract anything from the storage room," she reminded them.

Regardless of the girl's pissy tone, Ron laughed and explained when Tao looked at her confused, "They didn't know which bloody potion to choose because they couldn't find it at first."

"There were so many! It took us like twenty minutes to find that stupid bottle. Snape really ought to reorganise that room at some point. It's a mess in there," Fred interrupted, trying his best to defend himself and his brother.

Twenty minutes? Tao swallowed, that was long. Really long actually. For the fact that she had just been talking with Snape about something. Internally she was crossing her fingers- hopefully nobody would ask-

"How did you manage to distract Snape for that long?" Harry asked as if he could read her mind (she was really hoping he couldn't, one person going through her thoughts was already more than enough). Dammit. Of course they would ask, but she hadn't really thought about that. She should really start thinking of excuses before she met up with her friends again but this time she didn't know she would need one. Coming up with them on the spot was awful- she didn't work the best under pressure, to say the least.

"Oh, uhm- you know," she had to really think of something. "I just wanted to talk about my essay and uh- how I thought it was unnecessary of him to make me rewrite it yesterday," Tao smiled awkwardly. She definitely had to get better at lying. It never was an issue before because she usually spoke her mind, there was no reason to practise lying if you were always being honest.