Beware Of Wolves

Chapter 10

"This is so unfair," Ron pouted as he took a huge bite out of a sausage, chewing as he spoke. "Four bloody weeks of detention! Four!"

Next to him, Hermione sighed. The boy was probably never going to understand what table manners were. "Ron, you're actually more lucky than Tao and your brothers. It will be so hard for them to keep up with their studies and be good assistants!"

It was comforting seeing her friend so distressed over other people's grades. It wasn't really necessary because Tao was doing fairly well in most of her classes, she didn't worry about failing any of them. But of course, the blonde Gryffindor had a point. It was going to be much harder for the three to coordinate school work, being an assistant and having actual free time. The last part will most likely be cut short, unfortunately.

Regardless, the good breakfast Hogwarts provided lifted the stale mood from the morning. They were still a little hungover, some of them more than others. Harry for example looked like he wasn't sure if he was able to keep his food down while Fred and George acted like they hadn't drunk last night at all.

"What did Snape say to you later on, by the way?" Hermione asked.

Of course, it was a normal question but it still made Tao freeze for a second. She was still getting used to lying to her friends. She would prefer not to but it wasn't like she had any choice. Telling them the person she was hooking up with was none other than the most hated professor at the school was out of the question. To have some more time to think, Tao quickly took another bite of her toast. After swallowing, she replied.

"Not much, honestly." Wasn't a lie, which was actually kind of stupid. Didn't Severus have something to say about the assistant-thing? Now she had to make something up. "He just repeated that I had to assist him for the rest of the term, which includes different things. He didn't go too much into detail but I guess I'll find that out soon."

Casually she took a sip of her tea, being a little impressed by how easily that lie left her mouth. To avoid any more questions though, she redirected the focus onto the twins. "What about you guys? Whose assistant are you going to be?"

As it turned out, Fred was going to help Mcgonagall and George Professor Flitwick. Tao did not really know what they would have to do there but regardless, it sounded much more chill than having to be around Snape. Of course the young Slytherin liked him -they wouldn't be having sex if she didn't- but she wouldn't say that he was her favourite teacher. Not in the actual teaching-sense.

After finishing breakfast the group mostly split up, everyone having to do something. Hermione and Tao decided to take a walk to cure the rest of the hangover, both of them having finished all assignments for the upcoming week. The weather was nice but it was palpable that winter was approaching. The wind was harsher and cold, making its way through the fabric of their clothes, leaving goosebumps where it touched their skin. For a few minutes they talked about a lot of nothing, until the topic reached the previous evening.

"So," Tao began in a suggestive tone, "You maybe wanna tell me about Fred?"

Hermione blushed heavily at the mere mention of his name. This was going to be interesting. "I- uhm. yeah." Her usually so well-spoken friend, stammering. What a sight. Tao almost wished she had brought a camera to capture this moment.

The Slytherin laughed lightly, amused by her friend's behaviour. "I'm not forcing you to tell me, but if you want to give your friend a few details, I wouldn't be opposed."

"Well," the Gryffindor started, "I might have been a little more friendly with Fred than with my other friends."

"I knew it!" Tao shouted excitedly. "But how? When? Why?"