vacation in disguise

I am truly sorry for taking ages to post, I've had a lot of shit to focus on. I'm not gonna drop this book though, I know how much it sucks to have a fic you read be discontinued

Chapter 14

"You're doing what?" Hermione asked as if she couldn't believe what her friend just told her, staring at her in shock, her eyes wide open.

"Snape needs help to gather some ingredients and since I'm his assistant until the end of the term, I'll be the one to keep him company," Tao explained nonchalantly. Hiding her excitement was difficult enough, she couldn't quite be bothered to act annoyed.

From the other side of the table Harry and rRon just looked at the Slytherin in awe. The two were still a bit scared of the professor so how Tao dared to spend an entire week with him was a mystery to them. Even the twins looked a little wary, though for different reasons. Fred was simply as shocked as the rest of the group was but George knew more than them. He was aware that, even if Tao did help Severus on the trip, it was not the only reason to invite her. Since he was not entirely supportive of their not-quite-relationship, her spending that much time with the man on her own scared him a little. He had known Severus for longer (though of course he only knew the facade he put on) so obviously it would take some time to accept that Severus was not as evil as they all thought him to be.

"Bloody hell, Tao," muttered Ron. The boy had even stopped eating his mashed potatoes.

"What if he kidnaps you?" asked Harry dumbly.

It made Tao's eyes roll to the back of her skull. She scoffed and looked at the group in disbelief. "Do you think he looks like the type of man to kidnap children?"

The silence of her friends was answer enough. For fuck's sake, Gryffindors sometimes. "Gods, you guys are being ridiculous. I'll help him find whatever plants he needs and even if his company sucks, at least I'll get one week off of school to look at new places all over the country, right?"

Hermione seemed to contemplate whether Tao had a point or not. The others did as well, though Fred laughed a little for some reason. "'If his company sucks', that's funny. I'm not sure I've ever seen that man socialise normally. I doubt he is going to start doing that next week."

"Well, perhaps I'm simply that charming," Tao shot back jokingly with a big smirk on her lips. She meant it a little though- after all; she did manage to pull Severus. It just was less charming than rather downright aggravating him. Whatever. Those details didn't matter.

Since she had finished her dinner minutes ago, Tao stood up from the table. "Jokes aside, I'll go pack now. I think Snape wants to leave tomorrow evening."

The Slytherin actually knew exactly when they were going to leave. Severus had explained it all on the way down the stairs. He always left late sunday afternoon so that he could settle in wherever he was staying and was able to get up bright and early Monday morning. That part Tao wasn't very excited about but she had to remember that they did actually have stuff to do and couldn't just fuck all day, all week.

That in mind, Tao packed her best underwear regardless. Even if they didn't have an unlimited amount of time for themselves, she could tease him nonetheless and feel pretty while doing so.

Luckily she had stuffed her panties and bras into the bag already when Pansy suddenly stormed into the room, looking even more pissed off than normally. It seemed as if she hadn't even noticed the other girl standing next to the wardrobe as she threw herself onto the bed. Tao couldn't resist chuckling at such childish behaviour, it looked silly when an 18 year-old did it.