Opinions Matter

Me? Updating in under three weeks? I'm practically a changed person~

Chapter 19

Of course Tao ended up missing breakfast again because she never actually packed her bag. It was even worse than the day before because she thought a good breakfast (and honestly, the food at Hogwarts was always exceptionally good) might lift her mood a little. Instead she ate the cookies George had given her last night as she grabbed all the clothes she needed. If Severus' shirt made its way inside her bag, it was nobody's business but Tao's.

All the students were assembled in the Great Hall until Hagrid came and joined the other professors, leading the student body towards the waiting carriages.

Everybody seemed excited to go home, to spend Christmas with their families. Tao was happy about it too, just not nearly as much as the others were. She simply slipped into the background as Ron went on about Christmas dinner- as far as Tao understood, Harry would be staying with them and Mrs. Weasley seemed to drive everyone crazy with her holiday preparations. It was somewhat understandable though, they had a lot of children and the older ones would even be bringing their partners.

Regardless, they still told Tao that she could swing by if she wanted to. She could just floo in and they could hang out. Fred was also strangely excited to show his parents his Syltherin friend who was actually cool enough to make the house seem not so bad after all (his words, not hers). It made Tao smile, suddenly overcome by gratefulness for her friends. Not in a million years would she have thought to find a group this perfect. She didn't know what she did to deserve it but she was glad she did it.

"I'll see what my parents have planned," she told them as they stepped into the Hogwarts Express, looking around and then turning to the right, hoping for empty compartments. "But if I can't leave I'll owl you!"

Understanding, the others nodded excitedly. "You have to swing by at some point though, even if its not this holiday," Ron mentioned as he walked in the front, looking into the window of every sliding door. "I'm sure my mum would be excited to meet you."

"Really? Why?"

Ron looked at Fred who looked at George and then back at his other brother. They didn't say anything, somehow unwilling to share their thoughts. It took no longer than five seconds for Tao to interpret the silence. "Merlin, guys. George and I are not dating," she laughed. It was funny how they still didnt believe them. "We told you this already."

Expectedly she looked at George who was giving his brothers an amused expression, "Let them think what they want. But I do hope they won't tell our mum, otherwise she'll request your presence immediately."

With a snort, she turned around. They were standing in front of a compartment that was blessedly empty. Ron had plopped down next to the window as soon as he was through the door, closely followed by Harry and Hermione. Fred stepped inside too and then turned around as George and Tao didn't follow suit.

Tao had to bite back a laugh. She did understand why the others thought they were in a secret relationship with each other. "So, uhm- We actually need to go to a separate compartment."

The reactions of the others came as expected. Hermione looked suspicious, Fred and Ron shared the same unbelieving look on their faces and Harry looked adorably confused. Before anyone could get a word out, George told them, "I don't wanna hear anything you have to say, we'll see each other on the platform."

With that he pushed the door closed, ushering Tao to go on. She wasnt sure if she wanted to cry out laughing or snap at George. In the end she just looked at him with wide eyes, "They'll never believe us, you do know that, right?"