P R O L O G U E

THE DARKNESS swept across the stone palace, no moonlight in sight. Beyond the palace doors stood someone sheathed in black, covering in head to toe, hiding against the treeline. To anyone looking, it was a normal night across the Royal Court.

To Andorra, it was the perfect night for an escape.

There were no lights on in the palace. All members of the Court had left or gone to sleep hours prior, leaving the somber quiet of nighttime in their wake. Andorra had been waiting, holding her breath for what felt like hours, until she could tiptoe out.

She clucked her tongue quietly, almost mutely. Only someone who was listening for her would be able to hear the soft sound. If Andorra was human, she would be able to hear her pounding heart, would be able to feel the sweat drip down the side of her face. But, because she was so definitely not human, Andorra was as still as statue.

There was a flash, a twinkle in the darkness, a small sign. If you were not paying attention, you would have missed it completely. Andorra though had been anticipating, and she ducked through the trees towards the north end of the palace grounds. She was silent, not making a single sound as she snuck through the woods.

There, where the woods met the main cobbled road, stood another figure. They blended in with the night, the shadows melting off of them and into the world around as if they were made of one and the same.

"Quick, hurry," the voice urged, but the voice was a whisper, the first note in a song, the light at the end of the tunnel. Andorra didn't pause as she ducked beneath a branch and stepped beside Coralia.

Coralia looked different in the darkness. While in the sun, she was fire and falling leaves and warm fireplaces. In the dark, she was dangerous, lethal, nothing but a shadow. Her eyes were alert as she pulled Andorra towards the cobbled road where a cab sat idle.

Andorra gave one last look over her shoulder. A goodbye, of sorts. She would return one day, when it was safe to do so, when she no longer had to wonder if her death was around the corner. A day when Prince Anders was no longer there.

* * *

I'm back bitches

There are many of you who have been waiting waiting WAITING for book 2, and I always deliver. So here it is. 

This series is my baby, my first born, my first everything. I've tried hard in quarantine to make this something that middle school me, who wrote this first, would be proud of

I hope you enjoy the sequel to the much loved first book, Frostbitten. If you haven't read the first book, please make sure to read that one first.

The first 5 chapters will be released on January 1st, 2021

Alright. I love you all. As always, thank you for sticking around this long. It's been a crazy hiatus.

XOXO, Emi