50 States that Rhyme

The students of  Class 1-A sat bored in their seats as their teacher lectured on. It seemed like the end of the school day was years away. Aizawa noticed his students' lack of enthusiasm and sighed. "Look, this stuff is important if you want to be a hero. Knowing your location can give you a large advantage in battle."

The students groaned until the teacher got an idea. "Alright, I'll make you all a deal. You can leave class early-" The students looked excited, "-if at least one of you can rhyme all of the American 50 states." The energy quickly deflated, as the students accepted defeat.

The teacher smirked and was about to turn back to the lesson before he heard, "I can do it." He turned to the winged student, Galaxy Barnwell, raising her hand.

The teacher cocked an eyebrow, thinking she was bluffing. "Alright, come on up, Miss Barnwell." The blonde smiled. As she walked up, Bakugo told her, "You better not fuck this up."

Galaxy reached the front of the classroom. She took some breathes to calm herself, then started reciting, "Alabama and Alaska. Arizona, Arkansas. California, Colorado, Connecticut and more..." The students' started getting excited; they had a chance! 

"Delaware, Florida, Georgia. Hawaii, Idaho. Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, 35 to go!" The teacher soon realized his mistake. Galaxy was born in America, of course she knew this stuff.

"Kansas and Kentucky. Louisiana, Maine. Maryland, Massachusetts and good old Michigan." Kirishima began banging his fist on the table, creating a beat. Galaxy started grinning and continued, "Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri and Montana. Nebraska, 27, number 28's Nevada. Next New Hampshire and New Jersey, down to New Mexico. There's New York, North Carolina. North Dakota, Ohio."

The energy in the room grew as Galaxy got closer to the end, "Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, now let's see. Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee. Texas, then's there's Utah, Vermont, I'm almost through! Virginia, then's there's Washington and West Virginia too. Could Wisconsin be the last today or is it 49? No, Wyoming is the last state in the 50 states that rhyme!"

The students cheered as the teacher sighed. "Well, that was.... unexpected." As promised, the students got out early, though the school bell rang as they were packing up. The students realized they had been tricked....