열 다섯 - i'm listening.

I check the time on my phone. "Well, I should be go-"

"No!" Narae quickly grabbed my wrist. "There's something I need to tell you."

* * *

Yoongi's POV

5:55 am

My alarm rang, signaling that it was time to wrap up hoops and get ready for practice. I sigh.

Other than writing music, basketball was my favorite way to let off steam. Nowadays, it has become a kind of lifeline for me, added the fact that my schedule has been getting busier and the stress of preparing for the promotion of a new album has been pouring down. Early mornings have been the only openings I've had to play basketball, yet I don't mind much. I've been pretty much restless these past few days for no exact reason.

Early mornings are also the time our choreographer shows up at the building.

What do I think of her? Although the other members don't see it, she seems like a mess: a mirror image of our group's state right now. In some bizarre sense, I can see through Nova's plastic personality. I can't judge her though. All the change that has been occurring has put some mental strain on all of us. Nevertheless, I know she's just trying to stay positive for us. She has a never-ending strive to keep moving forward and work harder, and I think it's starting to rub off on all of us.

As I sense her pass by the gym every day, I can't help but think selfish thoughts. I know she must be very busy, maybe even busier than us right now, yet I silently wish she would walk inside again and ask to play another game.

I grab my bag and head out the door and into the long hallway while scrolling through my phone. I had gotten multiple missed calls from Taehyung, yet no messages. I hear a cry as I near the corner, leaving me no time to think about the calls.

"No!" a woman was saying on the other side, "There is something I need to tell you."

I stop in my tracks. The voice sounds familiar. I peek over the corner. It was the staff member who was always around for our group, yet I forgot her name. To my surprise, the person she was talking to was Nova.

In the empty hallway, the staff member was clenching Nova's wrists. I watch silently, hidden behind the wall.

"Hey, calm down," Nova says gently, "I'm listening."

The staff member gulped and looked around, yet not spotting me. "You saw that man in the business suit I was talking to didn't you?" She spoke urgently. Nova nodded, and she continued, "Well, the higher-ups had a meeting yesterday evening. They were trying to decide on a new choreographer-" 

Nova's features frown. "What?" she interrupted, looking utterly confused.

"Just let me finish," the staff member replied, "According to that man's information, media outlets have leaked information and released your identity, which was never supposed to happen. Many complaints were filed by fans. People are against you being the group's choreographer because you are young, a woman, and well... you're black."

The conversation had just taken an ugly turn.

Nova nodded; if she was feeling any type of emotion, it didn't show. Her face was expressionless. "I understand," she said.

"I just felt like you deserved to know, but please don't worry. I'm sure they are doing something to protect you and your identity. As for this new choreographer, well, I don't know."

Nova nodded again at the staff member, who seemed the most concerned out of the two. She hugged her tightly.

"Now, now. It's you who doesn't have to worry."

__________________________

Authors Note:

Vote! Vote! Vote! Vote the chapters that you haven't already💜

Share! Share! Share! Share this story with someone who you think would like it!🥰

thx sm for all the love and support bb's:)) check my conversations for more updates!