Day Dreaming

I sat at my empty lunch table thinking. I honestly don't remember what I was thinking- I kind of lost train a thought multiple times.

I looked over towards the "popular table" as some people would call it, and saw Blake sitting next to Alex. The most popular guy in school and very good at football. I looked away from the table but I think Blake noticed me looking over at them. I quickly cleaned my mess and headed to my next class, not realizing that Alex was behind me.

I get too anxious when I make eye contact with someone for way too long- I never understood why. As I was walking back to my next class Alex trapped me up against the wall. "I saw you looking at our table." He said.

"So-am I not allowed to look around?" No one was in the hallway which made me scared incase something happened. He took in a deep breath.

"Okay fine you can look around- but what I meant was I saw you and Blake looking at each other. Don't ruin his reputation here. He's a good guy."

"We only have 2 weeks till we graduate, what the hell am I going to ruin?" He glared at me.

"I know what you're family does. Your whole family is no good. Don't drag him into your drama." A million questions rushed to my mind.

"No good? What are talking about!" What was he talking about?

"Just don't talk to him." Then he left. I was left standing there in an empty hallway wondering what Alex was talking about. How many people thought of my family were no good people? What do they think we do? Why do they think we are no good? I rushed to the bathroom as tears escaped from my eyes.

Finally the day was over, therefore I can relax at home-hopefully. My brothers were already at the park shooting hoops with the other guys. The house was very quiet. This house was never quiet at night nor during the day. I set my pack back on the floor of my bedroom. I sprawled out on my bed. School today seemed very exhausting today. Those questions still roamed around my head.

Vrmm. Vrmm I reach for my phone that was laying next to me. It was a text message from an unknown number.

Hey Danielle! It's Blake. I thought about what Alex told me- if he some how found out about him and I texting he would flip his shit. I felt bad but I ignored his text and went to work on homework.

I must have worked for hours. By the time I looked out my window- it was dark. I heard the front door open. "Nice game!" I heard Drake say. Good their home. "Dani!" He yelled.

I walked down stairs to see what they wanted. "Where's mom?" Carter asked.

"I don't know. I came home from school and she wasn't here either- matter in fact no one was here." I felt an eerie feeling creep up on me. Maybe something bad has happened. Was she still working?

Next thing we saw was a car pulling up to our house. "It's mom, she's home from work." I said peering though the window. Mom walked in the house and we all stared at her.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot to tell you I had to cover for someone at work. I'm sorry." She said. We told her it was alright. I could tell mom had a stressful day and did not want to bother her.

Everyone was now relax now but this was just the calm before the storm.