Time Goes By Fast

Sunday, a good and terrible day all in one. It's good because it's still part of the weekend but terrible because your week of work or school is about to start.

I roll over to look at my alarm clock. 8am, I don't have much to do today, besides think about what mother said last night. Her words kept repeating in my head, like a song on a repeat. When did my life go wrong?

I remember when I was seven, my father surprised us for Christmas by taking all of us to a beach- I don't remember what it was called, I was too young. If I remember correctly it was somewhere near Puerto Rico. I remember how warm it was, even during December. I remember the pretty blue water near our hotel. I remember swimming at night with the Tiki torches on, that was my favorite, but there was something I remember so clearly was one night I sat outside on the balcony of out hotel looking over where everyone lived on this island, so many lights lit up the island. It was amazing. My father joined me and sat with me.

"Beautiful, isn't Dani." He said. I nodded. "You know why we came here right?" I shook my head in response. "Your mother and I, after dating for one year, took a vacation here." I remember thinking, wow, mom and dad will be together forever.

"Really?" I asked so amazed by his action to do this. He nodded. Now I remember, the island was called St. Thomas. I remember Carter telling me that, that was dad's middle name, therefore he took us there, when really I knew the right answer.

I look over to Drake standing in my door frame. "Hey you want to come with us to the park again? We thought you might want to get out of here." I saw that he was already to go with his very red shorts and grey t-shirt. I remember when dad gave him that for his birthday. It had a picture of Drake and Josh the tv show. Dad thought that was funny. He's not wrong about that.

"Can I have ten minutes and I'll be ready." My voice was so dead from crying all night. Carter nodded and left, closing the door with him.

I put on a nice blue tank top. Today was suppose to be very top, almost like 85 degrees out. I pulled my messy brown hair up into a pony tail. I looked into the mirror. My face read that I was miserable, but I looked fine.

I walked downstairs to see Drake and Carter on couch ready. They looked up and I nodded towards the door.

The walk there was very quiet. Happy memories of our family before all of this chaos was flooding my head.

I sat down by the tree, just like yesterday. I saw some of the same people for yesterday. Surprisingly, Blake was back too. I leaned back on the tree and closed my eyes, knowing I probably could get some sleep.

A/N
Hey everyone! Hope you're enjoying the story :) Please leave comments on thoughts and opinions to make the story better. Don't forget to vote! thank you :)

Nothingजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें