The Fight

After the last bell of day, I walked to the front doors of the school and saw Blake waiting for me. "Hey! You better now?" he asked.

"A bit." I admit. We got into his car and drove to the mall. Only 15 minutes away from our school.

"So how are your brothers?" He said pulling on to the highway.

"Good I guess." I looked out the window and saw a red Ford truck behind us. I slouch down in my seat a bit. Blake notice my actions and saw what I was worried about. The truck soon passes us and there he was. Alex glaring at us. Blake kept a straight face and kept driving.

We pull into a parking spot and got out. "Danielle you hungry?"

"I could eat." I said. I really did not want to because I felt so worked up about everything.

"How about Subway?" I nodded and we headed inside the mall.

We sat down at an empty table in the food court and ate our subs. The mall was kind of busy. A lot of teenagers shopping and being teenagers I guess. I felt nervous because it was kind of felt like a date. "So tell me about yourself Danielle."

"Well I have two brothers, I'm the youngest out of the three. I live with my parents and I enjoy art." I said with a smile. He smiled back. "Tell me about yourself?" I admire him for a second and my heart skipped a beat. Not a lot of people in the mall today. I looked around to see if I saw Alex. Nothing. 

"Well I-" he started. 

"HEY!" We heard from the other side of the food court. Alex came running towards me with a glare in his eyes. We both stood up from our seat as soon as possible. Blake stood in front of me. "What the hell you doing here with her! She's no good!" He yelled. I looked around and saw people looking at us. Blake had his hand in front of me to protect me. Is he protecting me? I thought for a moment.

"Alex, my personal life is NONE of your business. Now leave." Blake said calmly.

"Blake! I'm trying help you out, she will ruin your life. Her family and her are crazy." He yelled.

"Leave!" Blake spit out. Alex's face was redder then a tomato. He turned around to walk away but then quickly turned around and punched Blake in the face.

"ALEX STOP!" I yelled. People started to come over to help stop the fight.

Blake laid there on the ground moaning in pain. I think Alex broke his nose. Alex got on top of Blake to throw more punches.

"STOP! STOP IT YOU'RE HURTING HIM!" I cried out. Tears pouring down my face. Alex stood up while Blake laid there with blood coming out of his nose.

"Go to hell Dani!" He said. By then two security guys came over and took Alex away. I ran towards Blake who by then sat up trying not to get blood everywhere.

"You okay?" I asked grabbing napkins from where we were sitting to stop the blood. The people who came to help saw that the situation was taken care of and went on with their day.

"I feel like shit." His left eye was bruised, his nose was bloody and he had a busted up lip. Alex did a number on him.

I helped him up and on to a chair slowly. "I'm so sorry." I cried. I felt so terrible he got dragged into this mess.

"Danielle, please don't be sorry. This is not your fault." I began to cry even harder. He got up from his chair and keeled down on the grounding in front of me. "Hey," he put his hands on my face so I could look at him. "this is not your fault, Alex is an asshole. Please don't be sorry." He wiped my tear away. "Let's head home?" I nodded again.

The ride home was quite. I kept replaying everything that happened at the mall in my head over and over. I kept crying in the car but I did it quite so Blake wouldn't hear me.

We finally pulled up to my house and I slowly got out. I didn't want to leave him. "Please Blake come in for a bit?" He nodded and came in. The only people home were my two brothers and they were playing video games. I led him to my room and sat him on my bed. I could tell he felt relaxed.

"Nice bedroom." He said.

"Thanks." I was busy getting the first aid kit and an ice pack.

After I got him cleaned up, I told my brothers what happened so they can give him their clothes to change.  He sat on my bed while I sat on my reading chair. "How are you feeling?"

"I feel slightly better, thank you for your help." He smiled. 

"You're welcome, I'm just glad you're okay. I thought he broke your nose." I read my alarm clock. Friday 7:30pm o'clock. "Damn it has been a long day." I yawn.

"I can go home if you want me too. I just have a long drive from here to my place."

"Where do you live?" I grabbed my blanket and pillow to get comfy on my chair.

"Down past the old Miller building." Years ago a family named the Millers live in an old house. They had four kids. Three girls and a young boy. The father was very abusive to his wife. He ended up killing her by hurting her so much. The oldest girl of the siblings couldn't handle it and shot her dad. She then ended up in prison. The other siblings were never to be seen. People say the young boy went into an orphanage but some say he went with family.

I shivered at the thought of the abusive father. My father is not abusive he's just difficult. "That's a long drive. That's about an hour and a half. Why don't you stay with Carter or Drake tonight?" He nodded and started to get up from my bed. I could tell he was sore from today.

He walked towards my door and turned around. "Goodnight Danielle." He smiled.

"Goodnight Blake."