💀 C𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 6: H𝖆𝖕𝖕𝖎𝖑y E𝖛𝖊𝖗 A𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖗 (G𝖔𝖔𝖉 E𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌) 💀

Art by はいき on pixiv

You weren't too keen on going home, but you had no other place to go so you eventually returned with a still fuming Alabaster.

It was dark by now, meaning the courtyard was completely empty, with the only light being the moon reflecting off Alabaster's feather, making it look like she was glowing, and the few warm glows coming from the windows.

As you walked through one of the main doors, you were surprised to see both your mother and father standing there, somehow looking even more pissed off than Alabaster, who had refused to let you off her back.

He didn't say anything, just standing there and glaring at you as if all words had failed him. Beside him, your mother was glancing between you two nervously, like she couldn't decide whose side she was on. Meanwhile, Alabaster just stared him down, trying to use her wings to somewhat shield you.

"I am furious at you" Were the only words he was able to say. You stood up sightly and rested your arms on Alabaster's head, propping your head up on them. You merely cocked an eyebrow at him.

"Really? I couldn't tell" You wouldn't usually provoke him, but you'd had enough of his bullshit. Your father's rage only grew and your mother's nervous look became fearful for both or either of your safeties.

"Do you realise how big of a mistake you've made?" His voice started rising out of anger. You, like Alabaster, started glaring at him.

"I meeaan..." You drawled, twirling one of your fingers through Alabaster's feathers. "If you think about it, you kinda started this whole thing, y'know, with the whole arranged marriage thing" You simply shrugged.

Your father looked like he was ready to snap your neck, which shocked you since he was never aggressive towards you, not even when he was angry at you.

Before he could act on his impulses, your mother gently touched him on the arm and started whispering to him. As soon as his attention was away from your and Alabaster, the albino griffin took the opportunity to book it back to your room. You were only vaguely aware of your father's yelling as Alabaster rushed both you and her through the maze like halls back to safety.

As soon as you made it into your room, Alabaster started piling up furniture against the door, effectively locking it in a sense. It made you feel a little safer knowing that not even Eeni, Lucci and Enix couldn't get through, let alone your furious dad.

You ended up tossing and turning for hours, feeling envious of that fact that Alabaster was curled up comfortably with her head tucked under her wing. The thoughts in your head kept your mind racing with questions of what the future would hold.

Were Viktor's parents being serious about the war?

If so, would you play apart of it?

If not, what would you do?

The thought alone of fighting made your gut twist in fear.

But either way, you knew you would be running away with Calli. There was no way you would be living with your parents anymore, not after there 'arranged marriage' stunt they pulled. Plus, you were certain Calli would be more than happy for you to move in with her, and after all these weeks, Alabaster had been growing more and more fond of the reaper.

It was after thinking some rather warm thoughts about said reaper, you had calmed down enough to let yourself be lulled into a comfortable sleep.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Time Skip *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"So, how'd everything go?"