💀 C𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 4: O𝔥 C𝔯𝔞𝔭... 💀

Art by Mk Espiritu on ArtStation

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Chapter is set around a few weeks after the last one・゚✧*:・゚✧

"(Y/N), it's time to wake up" You groaned and held your pillow over your head, trying to block out that lovely voice. You felt someone shuffle next to you, trying to pull the blankets off of you. Jokes on them because you had a death grip on it and weren't keen on letting go.

"(Y/N) if you don't wake up I will scythe you and I won't be able to see you anymore" That caused you to groan and shuffle some more, but you still didn't wake up.

That was until you felt the cool metal of Calli's scythe on the back of your neck. With a small scream, you rolled off of the edge of your bed and looked up to see a smug reaper looking down at you on. You glared at her and got up, wincing at the cold floor.

Calli rolled her shoulders then stood up too. She grabbed her cloak and shoes and put them on before walking over and giving you a kiss on the cheek.

"I'll see you later today. My sensei has given me some time off in the afternoon" She said before re-summoning her scythe and using it to cut into the abyss. She winked at you and gave you a small smile before jumping in it and going to wherever she was needed. You were always slightly sad when she had to leave, but Calli had an incredibly important job that needed to do, so you couldn't expect her to be with you 24/7.

Well, since you were up you might as well wake Alabaster. Said griffin was sleeping on your padded windowsill, with her head tucked under one of her wings.

"Come on Alabaster~ It's time to wake up" You said while trying to move her head. You could hear Alabaster make a few unhappy noises. She didn't move, and with her being around 240kg, or 530lbs, it wasn't like you could move her yourself.

"Fine, I guess I'll just go have breakfast by myself. And go into the kitchens by myself" At this Alabaster quickly stretched and stared at you. You knew that would get her up since she still wasn't trusting of any of the chefs after the poison incident.

The griffin quickly pulled herself to her feet, hovering very close to you. Sure, it was a step away from keeping you from literally walking in the kitchen, but it could still be a little overbearing.

Once again, the walk to the kitchen was quiet apart from the small clicks off Alabaster's talons and the quick greetings of any servants that would hurry by.

"You look like you're up in the clouds. Thinking of Calli?" Alabaster said, though a little quieter than usual. You felt your face heat up, since yes, that was exactly what you were doing. Alabaster, seeing your reaction, ruffled her feathers and made a noise between a cluck and a squawk, like you was chuckling at you.

"You've told Juggernaut and Eeni, Lucci and Enix, When are you going to tell your parents?" Alabaster's joyful mood suddenly dissipated when she asked this question. The smile on your face dropped.

"Come on, you know they would never approve of us. I think it's better not to tell them" You muttered. Alabaster nudged you gently, trying to cheer you up.