💀 E𝖕𝖎𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊 💀

Art by Yu_Hydra0319 on twitter

This chapter is pretty much what happens after both endings, so I guess you could say that this is the real ending, but like I said before you can simply end on the good ending if you don't want any sadness.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Exactly 310 years later *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Ina's little ear flaps twitched, finding the quiet atmosphere slightly unnatural. Normally, there would always be some sort of noise, whether it was Gura playing rhythm at full volume in her room, or Kiara being overly clingy towards Calli, but today there was nothing.

The tako lifted her head to look around. She decided that she didn't want to be couped up in her room, so Ina was sitting in the living room doing some pencil sketches for fun. From where she was, she could see Gura napping in the sun outside the window and Amelia was tinkering with her watch in one of the armchairs. But what caught her attention, was Death's apprentice herself flopped on the large couch gazing sadly into mid air.

She didn't even move when Kiara crouched beside her head and murmured something softly to her. The reaper sighed sadly, and Ina swore she could see a few tears clinging to the corner of her eyes.

"Kiara? Is Calli ok?" Ina's gentle voice was easily heard throughout the quiet room. Kiara looked at her and bit her lip anxiously. From her arm chair, Amelia lifted her head to see what was going on.

"Ah, well... it's not really in my power to say why she's feeling like this.. but" Kiara kept glancing at the calendar in the corner of the room. Amelia looked confused, while the pieces clicked in Ina's mind.

"Ok... it's today.." Her soft voice was barely audible. Amelia confusedly looked from Kiara and Calli then to Ina and back to the calendar, her brow scrunched in an adorable fashion, at least to Ina.

"Ok, what is going on? Is there something I'm not getting here?" The detective looked to the tako for some answers. Ina was about to say something when Calli made a mixture of a sigh and a choked sob.

"Do you wanna go a little earlier Calli?" Kiara's voice was soothing and she held out her arms for the reaper. In response Calli nodded and pulled herself to her feet, holding on to Kiara's hand for comfort.

"Did you want to come? I usually go alone, but I feel worse this year" Calli's voice was hoarse as she addressed everyone in the room.

"Uh, yeah, did you want me to get Gura" Amelia said as she stood up, tying her watch around her waist once more. Calli nodded wordlessly, just staring into the void.

A few minutes later, Amelia returned with a still sleepy shark who was rubbing her eyes. Both of them walked over to Ina, each taking one of her hands. Ina felt a little guilty when she saw a flash of loneliness in Calli's eyes.

Fast forward ten minutes and now they were traveling a thing but well worn path. Ina had only been down this path a few times, and she'd never gotten to the end. Kiara sometimes went with Calli, but most of the time the reaper went solo. Neither Gura nor Amelia hadn't even known this path was here let alone been down it.

Occasionally, whenever a leaf would flitter to the ground, Gura would kick them up, or blow them back up in the air if they fell near her face. It was apparent that she was the only one who hadn't picked on the tense atmosphere.

Calli was a little way in front of the group, clarifying that she would rather be alone for the trip, so Kiara hung around towards the back, with both her and Ina looking less than happy.

Amelia studied both Ina and Kiara's expression, then gently nudged Gura and motioned towards them. The small shark finally understood and grew silent.

After turning one last corner, they saw the reaper kneeled in the middle of a clearing. There was several large trees making a circle shape, a lot of them bearing small but beautiful flowers the gracefully fell to the ground. One or two had ended up falling on Calli's head.

Both Amelia and Gura finally understood what had everyone else so down.

In front of Calli there were two stones, one bigger than the other. Both of them bore striking resemblance to a tombstone, though it looked like they were hand carved. The dates had been worn off, but the names had been dug a little deeper, meaning they were still fairly visible.

Here lies (Y/N) (L/N),

the first and last love and the reaper Calliope

The first one read. It looked much more worn down than the bigger one. Amelia was both confused and shocked at the sentence below it, but drew her attention away from the first one.

Here lies Alabaster,

A noble creature and fine friend

Below the second grave was a collection of rocks pushed firmly together, an held in between the rocks where a collection a pure white feathers, though they were much large than any birds feathers Amelia had ever seen.

Kiara came up and stood in front of them.

"Calli's gonna be hear for a while. We should probably go and let her be by herself for a little. She'll come back when she's ready" Kiara took one final glance and started back on her way towards home.

Amelia and Gura followed behind her, but Ina stood there. Calli turned around and nodded at her, which Ina returned before following after the others.

Calli had no idea how long she'd been there, but she didn't care.

"It's been... a long time, huh. 310 I think" No response, the only other sounds was the wind blowing through the trees and the birds singing.

"I've missed you... Do you think Death sensei will let me visit you this year?" Her question went unanswered. Calli laughed dryly.

"Yeah... he's stubborn, but maybe one of these days he'll cave" Calli clutched her hands tightly, tears threatening to spill over. The gem in her collarbone started flickering wildly, causing some minor pain.

"You just had to be a human, didn't you? Why couldn't you have been a phoenix like Kusotori?" Calli knew she didn't mean that, but through her grief she had no censor at all.

Amelia felt her heart break seeing one of her closest friends like this. She had this gut feeling to go back to see Calli, and she had arrived just in time to see this. It was after this that Calli fully broke down. Amelia didn't interfere, it simply wasn't in her place to do so.

Amelia furrowed her brows, something brewing in her mind. Dammit, it was going to be risky, but she couldn't handle seeing her friend in this much pain. She'd have to be careful not to be seen, but if this went well, hopefully everything would be ok.

You've unlocked:

3rd ending, the true ending

What do you think Amelia is planning?

So I'm probably gonna take a little bit of a break before I start the next book, which will most likely be Ina's since I already have the beginning of an idea for her book. Instead I'm going to be focusing more on my Hololive Beans book. I will either edit this or put something on my board when Ina's book gets released.

🎉 You've finished reading 💀 𝔇𝔢𝔞𝔱𝔥 ℭ𝔞𝔫 𝔏𝔬𝔳𝔢 💀 (Mori Calliope x !GN!Reader) 🎉